FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: President, Univision Radio Group
As General Manager, this person is responsible for operating all market cluster radio stations as to serve the community, build a healthy and growing environment for all employees, generate a profit for the parent company and protect the broadcast license. As General Manager this person is responsible to direct and manage all elements for the market cluster radio stations’ sales efforts to increase revenues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs Station activities to ensure compliance with government regulations and ensures protection of FCC license.
- Responsible for the overall direction, leadership, revenue, coordination and profitability of the Station.
- Manages Department Heads and oversee all station operations with the assistance of Department Heads.
- Confers with Corporate Office on all activities at the radio station and works with Corp Human Resources to discuss Station Policies and Procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsible for understanding, implementing and following Company EEO policies and procedures.
- Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals, develop new revenue streams and identifies external threats.
- Conducts and maintains positive relationship with top clients, agencies, community/business leaders, and charitable groups to promote Station services the market place.
- Develops and implements cost saving measures and directs yearly budget for the Station.
- Responsible for developing annual business plan and working within approved budget.
- Abides by organizational norms and supports organizational goals.
- Conduct annual employee reviews as directed by Corporate Human Resources department.
- Maintain superior relationship between all other station departments to assure good relations and co-operation.
- With input from Regional Manager, Business Manager and other Sales Managers, determine and establish annual revenue budgets for stations.
- As a minimum deliver revenue expectations for each budget.
- Supervises and counsels Sales Department to ensure objectives are met and maximum sales productivity is achieved.
- In conjunction with Sales Managers, set rates and package prices while managing inventory to assure delivery of and, when possible, exceed revenue budgets.
- Monitors market to seize opportunities that will promote growth to the stations’ ratings and revenues.
- Assure superior service to all station clients to increase repeat business.
- Direct and improve regular sales meetings to assure excellent inter-department communications and success.
- Oversee all annual performance reviews for sales department and conduct those of direct-reports in Sales Department.
- Direct Research effort of the radio stations giving Research Director and the department, specific meaningful input on how to improve their sales impact.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with national rep firm to maximize relationship with and performance by the National Sales Department
- Assist the Office Manager with directing Sales Assistants and assure quality of all written, computer, video and other presentations by our staff.
- Join with Promotion and Program Departments to create and execute both sold and not-to-be-sold promotion/marketing packages.
- Must possess excellent organizational, leadership, communication and analytical skills.
- The ideal candidate is goal oriented, works well with others, and works well under pressure.
- Must have a proven track-record of sales, revenues, and ratings success.
- Bi-lingual Spanish-English desired.
- Must be able to drive and have a good driving record.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience required.
- Five years experience as a General Manager or Director of Sales, or minimum 10 years experience in an upper management position for a broadcaster.
- Knowledge of rating service, basic radio programming and promotion.
- Knowledge of basic radio technology.
Please submit resumes to:
UNIVISION RADIO LOS ANGELES
C/O General Manager
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – WE DO NOT CONFIRM RECEIPT OF RESUMES
UNIVISION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER