Director Project Management
Manage the development, design planning and implementation of technology projects. Ensure that these projects are customer focused, cost effective, reliable and of excellent quality to meet the PBS goal of at least 99.95% on air reliability.
- Provide overall project management for multiple simultaneous Interconnection projects which require developing and managing project scope, developing capital & operating budgets, risk & quality assessments, and cost savings opportunities. (85%)
- Develop project plans, schedules, timelines and milestones for each project assigned.
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Develop and lead project teams as needed to execute projects on time and within budget.
- Develop and manage RFP (Request for Proposal) process.
- Develop contracts and negotiate pricing with vendors.
- Maintains issue and change tracking processes.
- Manage project-related communication internally and externally.
- Integrate project planning with other activities across the department.
- Generate project reports and schedules for senior management.
- Present project summaries and communicate project status to internal and external groups.
- Conduct technology and business research, assessment, and analysis as needed.
- Engage in process improvement and cost reduction discovery and execution.
- Participate in overall planning related to overall project scheduling.
- Point-of-contact for select internal customers engaged in new businesses.
- Translate operational requirements and mission needs into system/project requirements and specifications; define system functional requirements, participate in the development of detail technical requirements and design specifications for PBS technology initiatives.
- Define internal and/or external policy and process in support of PBS technology projects; provide assessments, recommendations and implement new policy, operational processes and organizational changes to support PBS technology initiatives.
- Develop, apply, and validate project related operational metrics and risk assessments.
- Represent PBS at internal committee meetings and external industry forums. Author news articles, case studies, presentations and other documents as need. (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (5%)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Required: 8+ years experience in project management of medium-scale, multi-disciplinary technology projects.
- Preferred: Project management in broadcasting, multiplatform media systems, and/or related business.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Project Management, or related field.
- Project Management Professional Certification desired.
- Manage the full life-cycle of medium to large projects and programs.
- Conduct technology and business research, assessment, and analysis.
- Assist in negotiation and direct management of major equipment and service supplier and support contracts.
- Help manage vendor and support relationships.
- Assist in the management of systems and equipment technical support.
- Build successful relationships with clients that marry disciplined processes with innovation and flexibility.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels of seniority.
- Skillfully manage relationships with stakeholders, staff, stations, vendors, and customers.
- Manage multiple, high-priority projects at once and in production environments.
- Lead process improvement and project prioritization efforts which span multiple organizations.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Project or equivalent in a project setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office with specific knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Should be familiar with applicable SMPTE, IEEE, ATSC and ITU standards
- Experience in a broadcast television environment on a station level is desired.
- Experience in public broadcasting preferred.
- Previous experience working with NABET union personnel is preferred.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D