Senior Manager Online Fundraising
The national online fundraising program (Prosper) is a strategic corporate initiative that represents a new prospect/donor lead and revenue stream for the PBS member station system. The program, launched in July 2011 on pbs.org, includes a customer relationship program for email list management and a donation transaction platform.
The Senior Manager directly supports the PBS’ member station system through qualified lead generation, engagement and fundraising (though limited). He/she acquires prospect and donor leads and match/share with a local PBS station whenever possible. Any monies raised are redistributed back to the member station system via the PBS Foundation.
The Senior Manager acts as part of a two person dedicated team while evangelizing to secure support across the Interactive group and other cross-divisional teams. He/she is responsible for the day-to-day management of the new eCRM platform and overall communication flow. He/she manages the monthly newsletter and develops new engagement tools/emails and campaigns, for email capture when possible.
- Manage/develop overall communication flow with prospects using the customer relationship platform. This currently includes the monthly “Best of PBS” newsletter and various interactive quizzes/polls to be decided.
- Define/execute strategies to acquire e-mails across PBS.org and the Internet to grow the database of qualified prospects
- Creatively develop and build programs for overall list growth (prospects and donors); to include PBS’ station matching when possible.
- Creatively develop/write email campaigns for fundraising
- Be a point of contact for day-to-day online lead acquisition and fundraising questions; manage customer inquires generated through automated email feedback mechanisms.
- Become proficient and expert in the use of PBS’s eCRM platform
- Manage and enhance PBS’s customized eCRM platform leveraging Salesforce.com and Eloqua systems
- Work across cross-functional groups within PBS’s Interactive team and other PBS divisions to create, develop and execute projects/programs that support the initiative
- Work with staff to fine tune consumer communications so it’s consistent and in line with the PBS brand -- a national treasure
- Create and execute against a communications calendar
- Lead retention marketing test strategies and methodologies to identify attributes of successful offers, content types and delivery tactics to drive continuous optimization across all segments
- Work with PBS member stations to develop and share best practices, run test campaigns and help optimize overall program support against program initiatives
- Present regular updates and key findings to team and business partners on overall strategy effectiveness and the effectiveness of initiatives, and performance trends such as traffic and conversion, to guide business initiative decisions
- Leverage analytics to make data-driven decisions to guide strategies and manage against a P&L
- Define KPI’s and reporting
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of three years in implementing successful online campaigns/programs
- Experience in running an eCRM platform leveraging subscription services like Eloqua and/or Salesforce.com
- Experience developing business requirements documents and creative briefs to specify online application features and functions to supporting design agencies, usability teams, Info Technology teams and channel organizations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience with online customer relationship management and/or online marketing
- Energy and creativity to successfully build/launch a brand new initiative within PBS to support national online lead generation and fundraising
- Flexibility and willingness to constantly problem solve -- daily
- Ability to identify opportunities and measure potential impact on e-mail leads and donations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a keen eye for effective design and copy
- Ability to multitask to implement projects on time and within budget
- Ability to build relationships internally and with PBS member stations and/or vendors
- Excellent analytical skills, with emphasis on program management, marketing ROI, and performing scenario analysis
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Must have a “can do” attitude, results focused
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D