Senior Research Associate
The Senior Research Associate, National Nielsen is responsible for supporting PBS’s national Nielsen service by compiling orders for program ratings, processing station line-ups from Tribune, exporting encode records from Broadview, importing all relevant information to Nielsen Feedpoint system, and trouble-shooting daily line-up or encoding conflicts.
- Compile the weekly national ratings orders and for Nielsen ratings, provide weekly carriage line-ups to Nielsen, provide weekly encode data files and custom encode files to Nielsen, load PBS encoding activity into Nielsen’s Feedpoint/MyEvnts system, daily resolution of conflicts between station line-ups and encoding monitoring for Nielsen.
- Update weekly the FileMaker Pro databases of national Nielsen ratings and modify the layouts, as needed.
- Maintain the station carriage system by loading weekly carriage data and participating in any software re-write planning.
- Produce exports and tables for national ratings reports.
- Fill requests for carriage and ratings data from PBS, stations, producers, underwriters, etc.
- Participate with others in production of the daily overnights report.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 2 years experience maintaining and querying databases and managing large data sets, with some experience conceptualizing new databases. Experience in media industry preferred.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, such as math, computer science, economics or other technical concentration. Master’s degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of personal computer spreadsheets, databases and word processing is essential. Proficient in Excel, ACCESS, and FileMaker Pro.
- Familiarity with consumer research databases, Nielsen, or Google Analytics a plus.
- Very strong detail orientation
- Helpful, customer-focused attitude
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to master custom databases and software quickly, and suggest improvements
- Ability to explain with clarity, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Passion for research, TV or media
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D