Senior Web Production Manager
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for PBS’s Web and mobile production pipeline supporting national general audience series and one-off broadcast programs. Oversee the production of rich, in-depth, diverse and engaging multi-platform experiences that better serve the audience and grow traffic to pbs.org for the benefit of PBS’s member stations.
- Manage PBS’s Web and mobile offering for ongoing series and one-off broadcasts, including green lighting, multi-platform content strategy, publishing workflow and producer management;
- Lead the production management team by outlining the vision, goals and tactics that will deliver on key PBS initiatives, with a focus on increasing traffic to the benefit of member stations;
- Serve as the lead PBS Interactive representative for broadcast-tied general audience production within PBS and throughout the producer community;
- Manage relationships with PBS Interactive’s largest Web production partners;
- Oversee effective communications from PBS Interactive to the producer community and among the producers themselves, including regular meetings with key stakeholders, an ongoing blog and in-person summits;
- Maintain the Web Policy Manual, setting and enforcing clear production requirements for producers creating Web and mobile experiences for PBS;
- Streamline the production process by creating standardized templates, budgets, publishing workflows and expectations;
- Work with internal Program Business Affairs team on Web and mobile components of production contracts, ensuring rights, production budgets and content plans are in line with PBS priorities.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Six years’ minimum work experience, including at least three years in an online publishing environment;
- Experience with content development and strategy, budgeting, contract negotiation, production management and effective project management;
- Understanding of broadcast production, including opportunities and expectations for content extensions to other platforms;
- Two or more years’ experience managing full-time employees and/or contract-based personnel;
- Experience implementing effective social media campaigns and strategies required; broadcast-tied social media experience a plus;
- Successful management of high-profile and sensitive relationships
- Strong experience with web strategy, traffic analysis and promotion, including SEO
- Experience with broadcast and video production a plus;
- Previous work in public media a plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in media, journalism or related field of study.
- Creative thinker who is not afraid to take risks;
- Sound editorial judgment;
- Understanding of Web publishing technologies and the opportunities they afford;
- Ability to negotiate, cooperate and execute in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders;
- A working understanding, or ideally hands-on experience in a large product development organization;
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and manage internal and external expectations;
- Ability to develop plans, capture and analyze data, summarize findings and implement initiatives;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D