The Imagen Foundation seeks to recognize and reward positive portrayals of Latinos in all forms of media, as well as to encourage and recognize the achievements of Latino talent in the entertainment and communications industries. In keeping with its mission, The Imagen Foundation cordially invites members of the entertainment and communication industries to participate in the 35th Annual Imagen Awards Competition.
The Foundation works to create, promote, and enhance opportunities for all Latinos in front of and behind the camera and throughout the entertainment industry, and serves as a liaison between the industry and the Latino community by providing access, education, and resources.
The Imagen Foundation invites submissions for appropriate and qualifying entries in English or Spanish language television programming, feature films, streaming services, advertising, or documentaries that either:
(a) portray Latinos and/or the Latino culture in an authentic manner
(b) demonstrates outstanding creative achievement by Latino talent
(c) serves to educate the public about Latino cultures
(d) are produced and/or distributed in the United States
All entries must have been broadcast in the appropriate categories in a U.S. market (network, local, cable, first-run syndication, streaming service), released theatrically or exhibited at a U.S. film festival, or released online between May 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: All entries must be postmarked, emailed or submitted online by May 8, 2020.
Writers, producers, directors, studios, networks, streaming providers, talent, talent agents, managers, publicists, production companies, advertising agencies, and students are eligible to submit entries.
Submissions will be judged by distinguished panels of entertainment industry executives and Latino community leaders.
In addition to the criteria listed under Qualifications and the individual Category criteria, all submissions must include the following to be considered for the 35th Annual Imagen Awards Competition:
• Submit one full and complete entry form for each qualifying entry along with all required supplemental application materials. Submissions that do not include all required materials will not be considered complete and may be returned if required materials are not received by the deadline.
• Entry must include either a DVD screener or an online screener that can be viewed through September 15, 2020. Any entries with expired or broken links may be disqualified if inaccessible at the time of judging.
• You may submit using the Online Entry Form located at www.imagen.org
• All Entry Forms include a Waiver and Release that must be signed before submitting. By signing the waiver, you are granting The Imagen Foundation the right to use a clip of the submission, the winners/finalists and/or the qualifying program, film, or project in connection with the Awards ceremony, and for other Imagen events and related purposes. For any questions about the Waiver and Release, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• A fee is required per entry, per category, per the Submission Fees schedule below. Payment of the submission fee must be received by the deadline for your entry to be considered complete.
• Review each category and ensure that your entry meets the qualifications for the category you are submitting. Incorrectly categorized entries may be disqualified from the competition at the discretion of the judges.
• Please note that by submitting an entry, you and the company/organization you represent are granting The Imagen Foundation the right to maintain the entries and permit their viewing by members of the public through The Imagen Foundation’s Latino Media Research Center (“Center”). All entries may be used for public viewing at the Center for non-profit research and educational purposes, and the Center will not permit any member of the public to reproduce or remove any entry from the Center or charge fees for viewing.
• Once submitted, there are no refunds and entries are non-returnable.
• The Imagen Foundation reserves the right to not present an award in a category if an insufficient number of entries are submitted.
A submission fee of $250 is required per entry, per category.
Independently produced documentaries are $150 per entry, per category. Only independently produced documentaries qualify for this special fee. Independent feature film productions are not eligible.
Payment of fees must be received prior to the submission deadline, otherwise, entries will be rejected and returned to the submitter.
All entries must be postmarked, emailed or submitted online by May 8, 2020.
If nominated, The Imagen Foundation will inform the Primary Contact listed on the entry form. It is the responsibility of the Primary Contact, as listed on the entry form, to notify any additional parties who are part of a production or represent talent regarding the nomination. If the entry should win, only one physical award will be provided per entry. Additional awards can be ordered by contacting The Imagen Foundation.
Nominees are announced in late June/early July. The individual listed as the Primary Contact will receive an email notification of when nominees will be announced, as well as the press release. Nominees will be listed on the Imagen website.
Winners will be announced at the 35th Annual Imagen Awards.
Winners are not announced in advance.
All nominees are invited to attend the awards ceremony. Each nomination receives two (2) complimentary tickets to the Imagen Awards. Tickets allocated for nominees are non-transferable. Nominated productions may provide the complimentary ticket to a producer, actor or member of the creative team. Additional tickets and tables for guests will be available for purchase.
Sponsorship or Program Advertising
For sponsorship opportunities or advertising in the Imagen Awards Program Book, please contact Yanira Leon by email at email@example.com.