The Imagen Foundation seeks to recognize and reward positive portrayals of the Latinx community in all forms of media. Content creators and filmmakers are invited to submit their short films, and web series to the Imagen Awards Short Films & Web Series Competition. This special competition is geared towards showcasing the best of short form content featuring talent from our Latinx community or that touches on themes/subject matter relevant to the Latinx community.
Please read the eligibility requirements below carefully to ensure that your film or program qualifies for this competition.
- All content must have first been released online or participated in a U.S. film festival between June 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020.
- Content must meet at least one of the following:
- Portray Latinx and/or the Latinx culture in an authentic and accurate manner
- Demonstrate the talents of Latinx creatives
- Serve to provide a better understanding of Latinx cultures, communities, or issues
- All content must be produced and/or distributed in the United States
- Each entry must include a link to an online screener.
- All projects must be submitted in their final format.
The Imagen Awards Short Films & Web Series Competition is open to all filmmakers, and content creators whose work was originally released, streamed, or participated in a film festival between June 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020. To be considered in the competition, entrant must submit one full and complete online entry form for each qualifying entry along with an online link where the film or series can be reviewed. One online entry form must be completed per category. The entry fee is $100USD per entry per category and is due upon entry submission. Entry fees are non-refundable.
The call for entries period opens April 15, 2020. The deadline to submit has been EXTENDED TO May 20, 2020.
Eligible films and programs can be submitted in one of the following categories.
- Best Short Film: Short films with a max length of 30 minutes.
- Best Short Documentary: Short non-fiction film or program that is 20 minutes or less.
- Web Series: Series that is created by or features Latinx talent. Each episode can be no longer than 15 minutes. A minimum of 2 episodes must be submitted for consideration.
All submissions must be made online. Click here to go to the entry form. All required fields in the form must be filled out and the entry fee paid upon submission. Deadline to submit is May 20, 2020.
Submissions will be reviewed by panels of distinguished entertainment industry executives and Latinx community leaders to select the Finalists and Winner in each category.
Winners of the competition will be provided with two tickets to attend the 35th Annual Imagen Awards. Please note that transportation to and from Los Angeles and accommodations are not included. Winners will be responsible for their own travel arrangements.
If you have any questions about the competition or encounter any issues when submitting online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.