Entry Submission Guidelines & Requirements
- Best Picture: Feature length film produced in the United States released theatrically or exhibited at a U.S. film festival
- Best Director: For direction of a film with a focus on Latino themes or characters and/or a director of Latino descent
- Best Actor: Actor of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a main or supporting role in a feature film
- Best Actress: Actor of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a main or supporting role in a feature film
Documentary or Informational
- Best Documentary*: Long format non-fiction program/series produced for film, television, and/or streaming service focused on the Latino community or a Latino theme
- Best Short-Form Non-Fiction Series: Short program/series produced for television and/or streaming service focused on the Latino community or a Latino theme
- Best Informational Program: News stories or news specials focused on the Latino community or a Latino theme and have aired locally or nationally
- Best Program: Must have originally aired or transmitted on a major network, cable network, or streaming provider.
- Drama: Programs can be either half-hour or full-hour format
- Comedy: Programs can be either half-hour or full-hour format
- Specials, Movies & Limited Series: Includes one-time specials, movies made for television or streaming provider and limited series programs
- Best Actor: Actor of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a main role with a significant storyline
- Best Actress: Actor of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a main role with a significant storyline
- Best Supporting Actor: Actor of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a supporting role
- Best Supporting Actress: Actor of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a supporting role
- Best Young Actor: Female or male actor under the age of 18 in a main or supporting role
- Best Children’s Programming: Programming with Latino characters or themes aimed at children under the age of 18. Must have originally aired or transmitted on a network, cable, online or streaming service
- Best Variety or Reality Show: Must have originally aired or transmitted on a network, cable, online or streaming service
- Best On-Air Promotion/Advertising: Public service announcements, promotional campaigns, and commercials geared toward a Latino audience originally aired or transmitted on a network, cable, online or streaming service.
* Independent documentary producers are eligible for the $150 fee only in the documentary category. Independent feature film productions do not qualify for this fee.
Entry Submission Requirements
Completed entries must include all of the following:
- Entry Form:
- Fill out one (1) entry form per category submission. For example, if you are submitting one production in multiple categories, i.e. Best Picture, Best Actor, each category needs to have its own entry form. Select only one category per form.
- If nominated, the companies named under Network/Production/Distribution Company in the Production Information section, will be listed next to the name of the nominated program. Make sure to write in the companies exactly as they should appear, in the event the production is nominated.
- Synopsis: A brief written summary describing the entry must be attached to the Entry Form to be considered. If submitting in an acting category, please include the name of the person, the character’s name and whether it’s a leading or supporting role.
- For DVD/Blu-Ray Screeners: A screener is required for all entries. If providing a DVD or Blu-Ray disc, please check that your disc is playable on a standard player. Retail versions of the DVD/Blu-Ray are acceptable. In the event we have difficulties with your disc, we will make our best efforts to inform the Primary Contact listed on the entry form.
- For Online Screeners: A screener is required for all entries. If providing an online screener, the link must be accessible through September 15, 2019. The link or viewing instructions should be included with the Entry Synopsis. In the event we have difficulties with your link, we will make our best efforts to inform the Primary Contact listed on the entry form as soon as possible.
- For television series/programs/acting: Please select ONE episode that aired during the qualification period that best represents the series and/or talent that you are submitting for consideration.
- For Actor Submissions:
- You MUST include a headshot and resume (IMDB printout is acceptable) and the name of the character on the entry form.
- For an actor in a television program/series, please select one episode that best showcases the actor’s character and talent. A DVD/Blu-ray or online screener to the full episode must be included with the submission.
- The Synopsis must include a short description on the actor’s character and role.
- For On-Air Promotion/Advertising Submissions:
- If the entry is part of a series/campaign, please submit the entire campaign as one entry on DVD or online screener for consideration.
- Signed Waiver & Release: The Waiver and Release is located on the bottom of the Entry Form. Each Entry Form must be signed in order to be considered for the Imagen Awards. If you have questions regarding the Waiver & Release, please email Yanira Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment: Each entry must include the appropriate payment for the category. Payment can be made via check (made out to “Imagen Foundation”), by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express accepted) using the attached Credit Card Authorization Form, or online at imagen.org/awards. If your company requires an invoice, please contact Yanira Leon at email@example.com. Entries submitted with a personal check must be received two weeks before the submission deadline. All fees must be paid before nominations are announced or your entry will be disqualified.
All requirements must be fulfilled to be considered for the Imagen Awards.
Mailing Address for Submissions
Completed entries should be mailed or delivered by messenger to:
Imagen Awards Consideration Committee
18034 Ventura Blvd., #261
Encino, CA 91316
Entry form, synopsis, payment form, actor’s resume and headshot, can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Physical screeners (i.e. DVDs) must be mailed to the address above.
Deadline to submit to the Imagen Awards Competition is May 10, 2019. All entries must be postmarked or emailed by this date.
Questions about the Imagen Awards
If you have any questions regarding the Imagen Awards that are not answered in this document, please contact the Imagen Foundation by phone at (626) 376-9751 or by email at email@example.com.