Overview Of The Company
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
FOX Entertainment is looking for a Coordinator, Program Planning & Content Strategy to join their team in Los Angeles, CA. As the Coordinator, Program Planning & Content Strategy, you will assist in all aspects of television program scheduling. You will handle administrative support and communicate scheduling information to necessary departments. This role will report to the Executive Vice President Program Planning and Content Strategy and the Executive Director Program Planning and Content Strategy.
a Snapshot Of Your Responsibilities
- Research and track all competitive information
- Assist in building the FOX Entertainment schedule along with projected schedules for competitive networks and other ad-hoc program planning projects
- Prepare weekly programming documents and send to affiliates, outlining themes of episodes for sales and marketing opportunities
- Enter and maintain program information for all series and specials into scheduling system (VPS)and manages data flow to downstream systems
- Collaborate with Program Planning Content Strategy Executive Director and Executive Vice President to create various grids (Primary, Budget, Month Forecast, etc.)
- Liaise cross-functionally to ensure VPS systemdatais consistent with program planning indownstream systems
- Manage Media Cloud management of all Fox Entertainment programming
- Screen all episodes and specials of FOX programming to note episodic themes for their strongest possible primetime scheduling placement
- Maintain television show and pilot database of all programs in our collection
- Keep up with industry news and trends, research information on competitive networks, including news & press releases, as well as maintain external contacts
- Ensure all materials and digital files are organized, accessible company-wide, and available when requested
- Cover phone calls, manage calendars, coordinate meetings, and provide general support for both executives
- General administrative duties such as copying, filing, shipping, and ordering supplies for the department
- Collaborate with Associate Director to build editorial collections and content strategy for FoxNow and act as backup support for non-linear program planning
- Assist Manager in the set-up and organization of equipment and materials for Executive Pilot Screenings
What You Will Need
- Passion for, and extensive knowledge of, television product and industry
- Prior office or internship experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint with the ability to adapt to new software systems
- Ability to tell a compelling story with data
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong written and phone skills with external clients
- Ability to deduce information from multiple sources
- Strong interpersonal skills when dealing with external contacts on matters of scheduling
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior database experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.