Warner Music Group
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG’s music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Promotions team.
A Little Bit About Our Team
Promotion works towards developing awareness and exposure for records through various mediums focusing on but not limited to radio. The department works with marketing, sales, publicity, and digital marketing, creating grass roots and national promotion strategies to garner airplay at key lifestyle, club, and radio outlets. This role will assist the EVP in all facets of his duties and responsibilities.
Here You’ll Get To
- Answer busy phones, direct calls accordingly, and take messages
- Coordinate heavy calendar & scheduling, including in-person meetings and conference calls
- Coordinate frequent domestic and international travel for executive
- Correspond via phone, email and/or fax as needed
- Direct documents to the appropriate parties, obtain approvals when necessary, and make certain all deadlines are met
- Handle related projects and special assignments as needed
- Maintain office and department inventory and supplies
- Photocopy, collate, & organize
- Prepare correspondence (memos, emails) as required
- Prepare presentations on PowerPoint
- Process and track T&E expenses
- Track and report budgetary spending
- Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information
- Coordinate frequent travel for artists and potential signings
- Sort and distribute mail/ facilitate messenger and or delivery service
Rockstar Candidates Will Be Able To
- Must have general computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, iMac, Entourage and Soundscan
- Knowledge of general business practices and industry trends
- Possess a strong work ethic; strong organization skills and focused attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and remain calm under pressure; adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
- Produce quality work and be accountable
- Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work
- Anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes
- Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks
- Work independently and consistently take initiative
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service and phone etiquette
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate filing and maintenance of documents
- Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
- Internet research abilities
- Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, as well as high-profile individuals, clients and vendors
- Provide customer service to both internal and external clients
- Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience as an Executive Assistant, supporting at executive level within the music industry
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.