Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount’s portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a Counsel to join our Production Content Review team at our New York, Times Square office! You will advise clients across numerous Paramount brands (including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, BET, Paramount Network, Paramount+ and more) regarding legal issues relating to multi-platform programming, including intellectual property, defamation, First Amendment, right of privacy and right of publicity, and handle related claims.
- Advise production and legal clients on a wide range of issues in the broadcast and digital realms, including copyright, trademarks, defamation, privacy and right of publicity
- Review scripts, programming and other related materials to identify legal issues
- Investigate and respond to related claims
- J.D. Degree, admitted in New York
- At least 5 years of experience practicing law and advising clients on copyright, trademarks, right of privacy, right of publicity, defamation, libel and litigation/pre-litigation matters
- Experience with legal review (examples are on-air and online programming, scripts and advertising)
- Ability to clearly and succinctly articulate legal advice both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage a wide variety of issues and legal matters efficiently
- Ability to analyze legal issues and render opinions and legal advice in a manner that is significant and effective to the brands
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts to senior level staff, build consensus and generate strong client satisfaction
- Excellent organizational skills and a cooperative, collaborative and team-oriented approach to work
- Ability to effectively work with staff in all areas of the company to acquire information pertinent to third-party claims
- Excellent work ethic, judgment, follow-through skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Production experience a strong plus!
- Litigation background a plus!
Hiring Salary Range: $150,000 – $165,000. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
To apply for this job please visit careers.paramount.com.