The Walt Disney Company
The Play Disney Parks team is looking for a Sr. Product Manager, Interactive Experiences for an exciting and ground breaking project. The position will work closely with Disney Parks leadership, Walt Disney Imagineering, and other partners across the Walt Disney company to lead the creation and live operations of a groundbreaking digital experiences platform.
We want someone ready to collaborate with some of the best storytellers in the industry, leverage cutting edge technologies, and lead a cross functional team that connects guests with some of the most beloved characters, universes and worlds of all time. This position owns the end-to-end accountability of the platform, from its ability to support creative experiences from conception and through live operations as well as the guest facing experience of discovering those experiences.
- Propose groundbreaking creative experiences to leadership and partners that bring joy to our guests, through compelling digital experiences and take advantage of prevalent digital distribution and streaming technologies
- Evaluate, validate and recommend creative proposals from internal and external teams for quality of experience and feasibility of implementation
- Lead, manage and evaluate the rapid development of new concepts, digital and paper prototypes, including early consumer testing.
- Define and contribute to the development of tools and services that support rapid creative development for artists, writers and other content creators
- Define detailed creative briefs and experience requirements for both internal and external partners
- Release high quality digital experiences to our guests on schedule
- Define, communicate and validate creative experiences success metrics relative to our business goals
- Define and manage development milestones; balancing risk, innovation and timely delivery
- Define product outcomes and evaluate development milestones against their expected outcomes, utilizing data driven analysis
- Develop and maintain a live ops strategy for experiences from release to sunset, with an emphasis on new content to maintain engagement
- 7+ years of Experience developing and leading creative experiences in digital and/or emerging technology platforms such as: AR/VR, video games, streaming or other media
- Thought leader in emerging technologies and their applications for creative purposes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present concepts and strategies to executive leadership
- Experience balancing creative ambiguity and iterative development with tangible project timelines and delivery
- Visionary creative leadership
- Live event streaming experience or digital stream platforms or
- Demonstrate and conceptualize new innovations
- Game Design or Video Game Production Experience and/or
- AR/VR Experience and/or
- Live Video streaming experience
- Experience with agile and iterative process methodologies
- Experience using JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Experience with Unity and other game engines
- Strong project and people management skills
- Direct experience with content creation pipelines
- Passion for Disney and its Resort Destinations
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.