Spotify Studios is creating our spoken word content business, including original content. We’re thrilled to be seeking an experienced Creative Producer to join the band and create incredible content for kids.
We’re working to position Spotify as the world-class destination for high-quality Kids content that kids enjoy and parents trust. With that in mind, we’re looking for someone who loves audio storytelling, has a passion for kids content, and deeply respects kids and their intelligence. This producer’s work will occupy and delight kids, while also supporting and impressing parents – all over the world!
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Head of Kids Audio to source and select new shows and format ideas to advance the Head’s content strategy
- Drive the creation of new shows from ideation to final delivery; leading all elements of production with freelance or third-party producers
- Ensure all shows are produced and distributed on time and within budget
- Run the day-to-day development process with creators, including giving structural notes and line edits on series concepts, outlines, and scripts (with a high degree of EQ)
- Provide detailed feedback on sound design and sound mixes of shows in production
- Identify and cultivate relationships with writers, producers/production companies, and other creative talent
- Identify and secure additional external creative partners and third-party producers as needed
- Work with third-party producers to build trailer and audio promotion assets for shows
Who You Are
- 5-8+ years in production is ideal
- Experience making content for kids ages 3-9 especially in audio / podcasting, is strongly preferred
- Experience working on fiction and nonfiction audio projects
- Sincere and heartfelt enthusiasm for children’s content and its ability to impact the world
- Connection to and understanding of the entertainment landscape, including established and up-and-comer kids brands and franchises
- Strong creative instincts and an informed POV on what will delight our listeners [kids and parents] and the ability to effectively communicate those insights to others for actionable feedback
- Experience working cross-functionally in a global setting and successfully executing against priorities
- Comfort with driving outside production partners to deliver shows
- Experience developing and managing podcast show budgets; strong sense of what are the appropriate budget ranges for the various steps of the production process
- Strong project management skills and experience managing multiple, complex work streams in tandem
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and autonomy; confident in working independently and assuming clear ownership of projects in a quickly evolving environment
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.