Univision Communications Inc
Univision Los Angeles Local Media Sales has embarked on an aggressive and exciting mission to super serve our local advertisers. Our goal is to be an integral resource to marketers helping zero share prospects and brands build their business by connecting them with Hispanic consumers. The Business Development Director will be responsible for defining long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate-close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current Los Angeles market conditions. This position will act as a “Business Development Director” for Univision Communications (UCI) Local Media Los Angeles, fully leveraging and transforming available resources to educate clients about the Hispanic market and helping them come to market and target the Hispanic consumer in Los Angeles. The role is to identify and cultivate qualified new business clients, work with the sales team, marketing staff, research, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Local Media-Los Angeles.
• UCI Local Media Los Angeles Television, Radio, Digital, Social Media and marketing platforms.
• Strong emphasis and accountability to flagship station KMEX Channel 34.
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization, research and build relationships.
• Plan approaches and pitches; work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives as it relates to the Hispanic market.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends category research and Hispanic consumer potential as it may relate.
• Work with Research team to create, train and implement consistent ROI and ‘size of the prize’ opportunity assessment for new clients.
• Help in creation of compelling business case to use across categories/clients that are not currently active.
• In-depth knowledge of client’s business and competitive categories.
• Sale and implementation of creative and promotional concepts that will activate client in Hispanic space.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related field
• 5-7 years of sales experience in the Marketing/Media industry. Preferred 2 or more years’ experience in a management role.
• Extensive sales experience and relationships working directly with high level decision makers such as CMO’s, SVP’s and VP’s of Marketing, Brand Managers.
• Sales experience working with advertising agencies/media buying services and process involved in bringing clients to market across multiple media.
• Experience/comfort with consumer research.
• Comfortable in working horizontally across different categories, clients, internal teams.
• Proficiency in Power Point and Excel required
Desired Skills & Experience
• Must bring unique strengths in the areas of strategic thinking, analytical capability coupled with business strategy.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong thinker who can transform copious data into knowledge.
• Must bring exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Interest and passion in training others and building knowledge across the organization.
• Well organized, disciplined and detail oriented.
• Must be willing to work from office in Los Angeles, CA
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
To apply for this job please visit corporate.univision.com.