The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company that is responsible for all monetization of content—both distribution and ad sales—and oversees the operations of the Company’s streaming services, including Disney+ (including Star and Disney+ Hotstar internationally), Hulu, and ESPN+ and domestic broadcast and cable television networks. DMED brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization, with the goal of expanding the footprint of Disney’s world-class content and beloved brands and delivering highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world. DMED works in close collaboration with Disney’s Studio, General Entertainment, and Sports content creation teams on programming and marketing for the streaming services and networks.
This position will manage operational and financial aspects of programming for the Disney SVOD service. The Director, Disney+ CP&A will be responsible for partnering with the VP of Programming, and peers within the organization, to establish content-specific KPIs through a financial and strategic lens, and to track progress in real-time against those KPIs, including, but not limited to, content performance, acquisition, churn, LTV, investment (mapped against audience segmentation, content attributes, ROI, and franchise priorities), and other business-related tasks that contribute to a cohesive strategic approach for Disney SVOD service’s day-to-day operations, as well as the long-term vision for the service.
- Maintain a holistic view of how content investment maps against Programming strategy.
- Manage detailed analysis of investment against relevant content KPIs.
- Identify opportunities to optimize and maximize our programming investment strategy based on ROI and effectively communicate this strategy to senior leadership.
- Financial modeling and scenario planning to inform the greenlight process.
- Act as day-to-day Programming liaison with relevant disciplines (BA, Finance), providing pertinent feedback and data to help inform business decisions.
- Leverage the latest data to iterate and evolve our programming investment strategy.
- Partner with other Programming disciplines (Content Planning and Scheduling, Data and Research, Franchise, and Editorial) to ensure a fiscally responsible programming strategy
- Partner with OBUs to ensure the greatest content value for TWDC, acting as an “all boats rise” advocate within the organization.
- Create and manage a regular cadence of reporting for DTCI leadership and partners
- Oversee large and cross-functional department wide projects or initiatives determined by the heads of the department.
- 10+ years of experience, ideally in media, in a programming, finance, and/or strategic capacity
- Analytically-minded leader with a demonstrated track record of implementing successful business strategy
- Experience in leveraging data and insights (digital consumption habits and media consumption patterns) to inform strategy
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong understanding of finances and financial modeling
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail
- Must be open to thinking outside of traditional models
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff, and external research professionals
- Advanced data literacy
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
- Manage multiple projects in varying stages of development
- Able to lead people (both direct teams and indirect teams) to deliver above expectations
- Highly organized with excellent follow through
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Digital Media and Entertainment, particularly SVOD experience, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field
- MBA preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.