OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
FOX Entertainment’s Director of Drama Programming is an integral member of the team where you play a crucial role in bridging the administrative duties of a junior executive with senior level creative responsibilities. You will be responsible for packaging and putting projects into development, steering the creative direction of our projects, overseeing Current shows on our air — from creative direction to more logistical details – and interfacing with all departments in the company as well as external entities.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take and evaluate pitches and scripts for potential development
- Build the seasonal development slate
- Analyze and generate creative notes for projects in active development as well as Current series
- Put quality series on the air
- Interface with other Departments regarding Current shows
- Make sure all departments are working cohesively to make our Programming successful
- Create writer and director lists; read and evaluate script and DVD submissions
- Staff high-quality writers and directors who are appropriate for Fox
- Create, maintain, and update reports pertinent to drama development
- Keep information flow current and efficient within the department
- Take general meetings for future development and staffing
- Track competitive projects
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience at agency, studio, or network at Manager level or above
- Strong knowledge of television writers, producers, casting directors and talent
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with executives, producers, and others in the development community
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, basic web-savvy, PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.foxcareers.com.