WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The Director, Internal Communications will create and lead strategic global internal communication plans and events to enhance organizational performance, elevate the employee experience and increase employee engagement across WarnerMedia’s global portfolio. This role will partner with Corporate teams and HR functions to understand business needs and goals, develop strategic communication plans and identify and execute communication opportunities and activities.
This role will report to the Senior Director, Corporate & Executive Communications and will work closely with the Internal Communications team, Corporate Executives, HR teams, Brand Experience team and other Communications partners.
- Develops and execute communications strategy for key corporate initiatives.
- Develop and implement integrated communications programs across corporate and HR-focused functions, including business transformations, equity and inclusion, employee engagement, HR communications, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), etc.
- Create materials in support of executive and other strategic messaging including emails, scripts, speaking points, event/engagement briefing docs, etc.; owns process from planning to approvals and distribution, working with key stakeholders – includes development of written content as well as video, podcasts, etc.
- Influence and counsel clients to translate organizational needs into effective internal communications by understanding business needs and objectives.
- Provide guidance and direction regarding communication methods; and collaborate with leaders and team members to deliver strategic plans and coordinated materials while balancing changing and competing priorities.
- Package, market and deliver communications in ways that are meaningful, relevant, timely and memorable to employee audiences.
- Partner with internal communications, creative and digital teams to bring tentpole campaigns to life in meaningful ways for our employees.
- Maintain expertise in company key messages and priorities, ensuring they are reflected in content; proactively identifies opportunities to build awareness of key messages and priorities.
- Ability to offer strategic guidance around communication tactics, goals, and requests.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with attention to context and the ability to clarify complex and sometimes technical messaging.
- Participate and engage in meetings and drive ideas for events and campaigns.
- Take initiative in leading projects and present new perspectives in thinking and ideas.
- Prioritize work and schedule to handle multiple requests and projects at a time.
- Be able to work in an environment that at times can operate in crisis communications mode and be able to offer quality solutions with little direction.
- Operate with speed to market and utilize resources and critical thinking skills to complete quick turn projects.
- Build relationships with stakeholders, agency partners and colleagues beyond the team.
- Critical thinking capabilities in connecting dots and leveraging resources for best outcome.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or another advanced degree a plus.
- 8-10+ years’ experience in communications and/or PR management position or related field required.
- Creative thinker with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience engaging a broad cross-section of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and writing capabilities.
- Strong executive presence and ability to gain confidence and trust from the most senior leaders.
- Strategic and critical thinker.
- A good grasp of narrative, awareness of audiences, exceptional attention to detail, forward thinking team player who works collaboratively on a team.
- Knowledge of HR-related programs and communications.
- Strategic event planning experience.
- Keen interest in the media and entertainment industry, experience outside media and entertainment industry welcome.
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit warnermediacareers.com.