Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery’s Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to multiple executives in the US Digital Division. This includes heavy schedule and travel management, expense reports, sensitive communications, and providing high level support to the broader Digital team.
- Maintain CMO’s office; perform administrative duties and support day-to-day operations.
- Answer telephone, screen and route calls, respond to internal and external inquiries and provide routine information within scope of authority.
- Schedule appointments, maintains and updates CMO’s daily calendar.
- Manage the Executive’s travel and expenses
- Schedule, organize and coordinate meetings and facilities, including travel, transportation/hotel arrangements, prepare and distribute materials, agendas, notes, handouts, etc.
- Arrange presentations and conferences, coordinate equipment needs and refreshments, compile and distribute materials, etc.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for the Executive and team.
- Act as administrative liaison to department staff, internal partners, vendors, and consultants.
- Assist with financial processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Review, route and disseminate interoffice and external mail.
- Work on special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of executive administrative experience within a fast paced, corporate environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and administrative management skills; must be articulate and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated team player who thrives in collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proactive with ability to anticipate executive needs and ensure thorough follow-up.
- Ability to assess priorities and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
- Significant level of discretion due to exposure to confidential information.
- Must be adaptable and flexible to an ever-changing environment.
- Strong MS Outlook and MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and Google Suite
- Legal right to work in the US.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.