The Walt Disney Company
At Walt Disney Television, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills…
The Freeform Original Programming team is seeking a qualified candidate for an Executive Director, Alternative Programming role. In this role the Executive Director will represent Freeform in the support of all aspects of all Alternative development, series production, launch, sustain, etc.
The Executive Director, Alternative Series for Freeform will be responsible for creative oversight of all facets of development and production, such as evaluating and giving notes on treatments, cuts, casting, as well as post-production. Duties also include working closely with all internal Freeform departments (talent, programming, social media, brand management, and marketing) to keep everyone apprised of each series. This person will liaison with agents, managers, and the creative community to identify potential showrunners and directors for every project
- Implement the creative strategy as defined by the EVP Programming and the VP Alternative to grow unique, compelling, and Freeform brand-appropriate content
- Develop strong relationships and work very closely with executive producers to deliver the highest quality content for the Disney platforms
- Oversee development and current production of multiple Alternative series per season
- Develop and maintain relationships with talent (producers, directors, showrunners, editors)
- Interface with studio and production executives on series production issues
- Partner with network department on series launches, stunts, press, marketing and general programming needs
- Be the liaison and resource for other Freeform departments on various issues
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio and outside producers on all production and programming issues
- Track competitive development/programming of documentaries, docuseries, alternative programs tracking interests, values and pop culture.
- Prepare internal moving forward documents as needed in preparation for each series’ greenlight and subsequent season pickups
- Attend focus groups as needed
- Special projects and assignments as required
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Alternative and/or Nonfiction series
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Alternative and/or Nonfiction development and production processes
- Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, directors, showrunners, producers, etc.
- Demonstrated creative and development skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects
- A knowledge and excitement for Freeform’s original series
- Experience developing and maintaining Alternative and/or Nonfiction series
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.