Amazon Studios is the content development and production arm of Amazon.com. We make and deliver Amazon Originals content for Amazon Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking movies like Manchester by the Sea, The Big Sick, Late Night, The Aeronauts, and All In: The Fight for Democracy. The Worldwide Production & Operations team covers physical production, post production, localization, and delivery of series and movies globally.
We are seeking to hire the Head of US Movies Post. This position will oversee the post production team that works across all US Amazon Original Movies (AOM) productions from Amazon Studios. This position will work closely with all post management leaders as well as other Amazon Studios department heads to support cross-team processes and initiatives. The Head of US Movies Post will be responsible for hiring and developing the best talent while driving processes and workflows to further advance the technical innovation of the studio.
The Head of US Movies Post represents the department in senior executive meetings and provides the insights on post-production schedules, budgets, and workflows that senior leaders require to make greenlight and other strategic decisions. This position regularly works with the leaders in AOM Production, Development, Strategy, Business Affairs, Legal, Localization, Mastering, Post Production Technology, Marketing, and Public Relations.
The Head of US Movies Post assigns new projects to team members and meets with their direct reports regularly to ensure that cost, timelines, and quality are all managed properly on every movie they cover. They also develop career growth plans with each direct report.
The Head of US Movies Post will work directly on high-profile movies, oversee post budgets and schedules, solve problems internally and externally, and ensure all AOM movies deliver on time and on budget. This position must know how to invent and simplify in order to make effective trade offs between production budgets and the creative goals of each production. Further, this role is one that is steeped in trust, and therefore must be an experienced leader and people manager.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To The Below
- Hire, train, supervise, and set career growth plans for Post Executives and Coordinators
- Oversee team processes to support on-time delivery and on-budget execution for feature projects in development, production, and post production
- Ensure proper movie assignment coverage and balance across the team
- Support resolution of team escalations
- Develop team goals, roadmap, and strategy consistent with Post Management team objectives
- Represent team interests with senior leadership
- Collaborate with other Post Management leaders and other Amazon Studios department heads to support cross-team processes and initiatives
- Drive process and technical innovation in support of team needs
- Continue to establish and improve standard operating procedures
- Oversee multiple projects in various stages of post production at any given time
- Review original scripts to analyze specific post production challenges
- Analyze budgets and schedules to determine if the proposed budget will support all post production needs
- Maintain oversight of the post production show budgets by reviewing weekly cost reports from production through post.
- Negotiate delivery schedules with outside studios, producers, and production companies
- Vet and approve vendors, contractors and post production staff
- Help create production workflows from camera acquisition through final finishing
- Work closely with producers, editors and post-production supervisors from each of the Production Teams to identify issues, support needs and propose solutions
- Provide oversight for production to post production hand-off, content security, VFX and post finishing
- Liaise with Production, Marketing, Legal, Music, VFX and Finance as needed
- Travel as required in support of movie planning and execution
- 10 years of experience as feature post producer/post executive or the equivalent
- 3+ years of experience building and managing teams
- Feature budgeting, budget tracking and schedule maintenance experience
- Experience with UHD, HDR, and film workflows
- Management of complex delivery schedules for theatrical and home entertainment distribution
- Relationships with sound, editorial, and finishing post houses
- Ability to manage multiple productions at various stages in the production/post process at one time
Experience both inside a studio-style organization and as a freelance post supervisor
- Working knowledge of camera formats and production workflows
- Knowledge of sound, dialogue, and music editing and mixing workflows
- Experience with deliverables and distribution
- Experience with MPAA and Guild requirements and specifications
- Proficiency in another language
- Experience working in multiple countries
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.