The Walt Disney Company
The Manager, Digital Marketing will assist the overall digital marketing efforts for the Disney+ brand and library campaigns. Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, this person will manage the Disney+ brand accounts and will oversee a Social Media Manager. The Manager, Digital Marketing will also assist the Director, Digital Marketing with digital and influencer marketing efforts, while working cross functionally with The Walt Disney Company’s internal stakeholders including Disney Streaming Services, our central digital marketing and product teams, international teams, and our studios and media networks marketing groups. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for growing brands and cultivating audiences, all while having a firm grasp on how to acquire and retain subscribers.
- Develop and lead brand and library campaigns on behalf of the service, and partner with the wider Disney+ Digital Marketing team on initiatives
- Partner closely with our analytics team to create and pivot content and campaigns based on data and reporting
- Manage agencies and the operations associated with these external partners, including assistance at marketing shoots
- Conceive and create evergreen content to complement ongoing brand and library campaigns
- Partner closely with the YouTube team on content creation for the Disney+ YouTube channel
- Leverage zeitgeist conversation, and encourage fan and talent engagement through content and community management
- Stay abreast of social media platform functionality and trends to better inform content creation and strategies
- Provide weekly reporting of content performance and campaigns across social platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Disney, Studio, International, the Central Digital Marketing team and partners for support of Disney+ content and campaigns.
- Lead and maintain the Disney+ content calendar, working directly with the Social Media Manager
- Possesses strong creative point of view and aesthetic to ensure that Disney+ digital marketing materials are produced at a high level.
- Experience with marketing shoots, working directly with talent, and script writing.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams.
- Experience working across multiple mediums – social media, digital placements, and websites.
- Keen eye for design, and ability to art direct development of social media and digital creative.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Passionate about brand management and storytelling, particularly in short form AV or static mediums.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects, and within a matrixed reporting environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure successful interactions, strong working relationships and the ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers and partners across varying teams.
- Highly collaborative sensibility, with ability to be open minded to feedback and always seeking out the best idea, not just their own idea.
- Knowledge and experience with social measurement and sentiment tools (both native and third party) as well as the ability to synthesize this data into meaningful results.
- At least 4 years of extensive experience with digital marketing for brand and entertainment properties.
- Worked at either a studio, network, or agency environment with an extensive knowledge of the layers and processes behind digital marketing and social media.
- Understanding the business necessities of a startup/launch property – experience defining and creating new systems or processes.
- Experience with streaming platform marketing – how a DTC (direct to consumer) product works, and how to make effective digital marketing materials to drive engagement and subscriber growth.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.