About The Brand
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount’s film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television’s 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount’s passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
Overview And Responsibilities
We are looking for a Manager that will be reporting to the Director, Motion Picture Planning & Deal Analysis, and will be responsible for building financial models to project film profitability, support Business Affairs in negotiating talent participations and co-financing deals, and aid in the process of greenlighting films!
In addition, this role will also aid the corporate FP&A team with the management and execution of monthly/quarterly financial deliverables!
Responsibilities To Include, But Not Limited To
- Plans and develops 10-year ultimate profit & loss scenarios for prospective films
- Models complex talent participation and co-financing deal structures as laid out by Business Affairs
- Develops an in depth expertise in talent participation structures in order to provide guidance to Business Affairs throughout negotiations
- Manages Production, Theatrical, Home Media and TV Licensing groups’ estimate submissions in preparing greenlight analysis
- Liaises with Legal and Participations departments to ensure accurate sign-off on deal terms
- Advises on financial models post-greenlight as deals are added or changed
- Contextualizes data, balancing historical performance with future segment projections
- Cultivates relationships and interact directly with senior executives in Business Affairs, Theatrical Distribution, Marketing, Transactional, TV licensing, and Finance groups
- Assesses the impacts of risks and opportunities to the performance of our film slates
- Keeps updated on market trends and update assumptions accordingly to ensure accuracy in projections
- Completes various ad hoc projects such as M&A opportunities, slate strategy, trend analyses, and CFO/COO/EVP Strategy initiated special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Business, Finance, Economics and/or Accounting preferred
- 5+ years of related finance experience
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with Hyperion
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with all levels within the organization
- Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, with the ability to take ownership of a process and get results
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to turn around work in a timely and error proof fashion
- Previous Film industry experience, including understanding of film accounting, forecasting, talent participation deals work is a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.