CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation’s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O’DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES+ for Paramount+. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount + and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today’s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
KCBS2/KCAL9 has an immediate opening for a Non-Staff/Freelance News Photographer/Editor for the Los Angeles Duopoly. The News Photographer/Editor is responsible for gathering news content and operating ENG equipment for the KCBS2/KCAL9 News operation.
A successful candidate must have the ability to capture compelling visuals and audio at the speed of news with a “can-do” approach to problem solving. This is a fast-paced, high-energy environment requiring a highly skilled and creative individual with the technical know-how to get live quickly and safely. You must be a team player that consistently contributes to the editorial process with story ideas and during the newsgathering process. You must be open to implementing new technologies and methods to accomplish future assignments.
• Safely operate news gathering equipment throughout Southern California
• Edit stories quickly and accurately (in-house or field)
• Comply with CBS and Cal OSHA safety standards
• Competent with Edius editing and Sony XD cameras preferred
• SNG truck operation skills a plus
• Excellent technical and ENG lighting skills required
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, high-pressure, tight-deadline environment
• Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational & people skills
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude & leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment throughout the shift
• Must be willing to work flexible schedules which may include early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
• Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s License
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
To apply for this job please visit careers.viacomcbs.com.