Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Producer acts as the key point of contact for all elements of the production process, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the project is delivered on time, on budget, and on brand. They must excel at managing multiple projects in a high-speed, high-performance environment and possess a calm demeanor, use good judgment, and be an adaptable team player who revels in change for the better. Above all else, their goal should be to help foster a creative, collaborative, safe, enjoyable work environment from pre-production meetings to calling wrap.
- Ability to own a video execution from kick-off, production, post production, and delivery
- Supervisor of direct project/production team and/or contingent talent attached to a project (production manager, coordinator, PA’s etc)
- Accountable for the project timeline and ensuring milestones are met and delivery is hit on time
- Responsible for data integrity across the board – accurate projections, bidding, budgeting and actualizing, including project wrap and all wrap materials
- Ability to lead the creative direction of a video execution, or act as a thought partner to creative lead as we strive for creative excellence
- Ensures all projects meet or exceed expectations, on schedule and on budget
- Reviews editorial cuts and transcripts and gives creative direction and feedback to best tell the story within the total run time and needs of the asset and where it will live (platform intentionality)
- Own communication across all touch points of an execution, including client, creative, and post
- Collaborate with the Manager, Production on production budgets with a “think outside the box” attitude to innovate in ways to meet the budget and timeline while maximizing the creative output
- Collaborate with Technical Infrastructure Lead on all equipment needs for a production with thoughtfulness on cross-functional partnerships and cost savings
- Staff up for contingent production support on live-action shoots as needed in critical roles such as department heads and production support
- Strong project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- 8+ years of experience in the video production industry, preferably at an agency or entertainment studio in Producing and Production Management
- Must have experience with large budget commercial productions as well as smaller budget, social executions, and quick turnaround projects
- Proficient in marketing campaign workflows, including understanding creative and production processes as they relate to marketing efforts
- A rolodex of diverse production talent both inside and outside of LA, especially in key and department head positions and production support roles
- Strong Project Management background and ability to oversee multiple projects at once without missing a step
- Experience with client management, including verbal and written communication
- Experience on jobs with a high volume of deliverables for all major and social media channels
- Strong understanding of budgeting and forecasting for expenses within an end to end production pipeline on a project, including the use of budgeting software (Hot budget, Showbiz, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of the entire production and post-production pipeline
- Ability to approach each project with both a creative and production mindset
- Interest and understanding of Production Equipment and innovations within the video capture landscape
- Understanding of and interest in integrated project management platforms
- Real team player who seeks out collaboration, communication and ways to grow their teammates as much as themselves
- A critical thinker and problem solver who anticipates issues and has multiple emergency backup plans easily triggered to keep things moving without missing a beat.
- Ability to approach projects and workflows holistically and when necessary, challenge the status quo to create a more efficient and successful working environment for all your colleagues
- A self-starter who takes initiative and does not wait to be told what gaps to fill, but instead seeks them out
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.