The Walt Disney Company
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Creative Affairs Assistant to join the development team at our Burbank, CA studio.
The Creative Affairs Assistant supports the Vice President of Creative Development in the day-to-day running of the development department, including calendar, expenses, travel and general administrative support. In addition, the Creative Affairs Assistant provides administrative support to the Creative Executives including, but not limited to, calendars, expenses, and travel.
The Creative Affairs Assistant represents the VP Creative Development’s office in both internal and external community, and liaisons with senior executive leadership and key creative partners. This position supports departmental & production projects as needed, and may provide opportunities to help Creative Executives conduct research for projects in early story development. As such, candidates should have experience and interest in the film development process.
- Minimum 2 years administrative assistant experience, preferably in a film studio, agency or production environment. Experience in a Development department preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Positive, helpful attitude a must – “No job is too small!”
- Confidentiality and discretion are a must
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, change course of action quickly & maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision. Proactive and resourceful.
- General understanding of story structure and screenwriting terminology is a plus
- Passion for storytelling, with a particular interest in animation, is a plus
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro, PowerPoint, Google Calendar and Google Docs.
- BA or BS preferred
To apply for this job please visit xjobs.brassring.com.