NBCUniversal Media, LLC
The Senior Vice President, Business Affairs will be primarily responsible for the deals related to the development and production of scripted programming for the entertainment television and streaming platforms at NBCUniversal – the NBC broadcast network, the Bravo, E!, Oxygen, Syfy, UniKids and USA cable networks and the Peacock streaming service. The role will include, but not be limited to, working with the internal NBCU studios, negotiating deals with third party studios, and handling various aspects of scripted programming from the perspective of the buying platform. Responsibilities shall also include deals related to product integration and the exploitation of digital media rights. This individual will report to the Executive Vice President, Business Affairs.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Business Affairs scripted team and manage a number of executives
- Negotiate all aspects of scripted programming deals with third party studios
- Interface with the following departments on a day-to-day basis: creative, legal, publicity, finance, ad sales, marketing, and digital
- Handle and resolve intercompany issues within NBCUniversal, including working closely with Business Affairs for the Universal Studio Group in the negotiation of deals
- Review budgets and other financial data associated with the development and production of aforesaid programming.
- Draft short-form deal memos as well as review long-form agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated and coordination of payment authorizations.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in television Business Affairs
- JD and active member of the California State Bar
- Prior experience negotiating scripted television deals on behalf of broadcast and/or cable networks and streaming platforms
- Meaningful knowledge of the television industry
- Strong legal knowledge and skills as well as superior critical thinking, analytical, negotiating, drafting, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence and build productive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work proactively, independently, and reliably in an organized fashion in a fast-paced in-house environment.
- Good overall business judgment and self-confidence.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to execute and follow-through; self-starter and accountable
- Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate
Entertainment Networks Business Affairs
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.