CBS Studios, a leading producer of television programming for network, cable and digital media, seeks an experienced transactional entertainment lawyer for an Senior Vice President / Vice President position (title commensurate with experience). Primary responsibilities include drafting and negotiating complex and high-profile agreements for the studio, including television term deal agreements with the studio’s highest-level writers and producers, license agreements with broadcast networks, cable networks and streaming platforms, and other types of high-level agreements as needed. Other responsibilities include analyzing complex agreements and advising studio executives in connection with complex contractual issues.
• Juris Doctorate, admission to state bar and strong academic credentials are required.
• Candidate must have at least 8 years of relevant experience, preferably working as a transactional lawyer at a studio, network or other entertainment company in scripted television production and as a transactional lawyer at a law firm.
• Successful candidate must have superb drafting and legal writing skills; have excellent communication (written and verbal), negotiation, interpersonal and analytical skills; and have an ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage competing priorities in a time-sensitive environment.
• The position requires good judgment; a team-oriented attitude with the ability to both work independently and support a team; a willingness to handle novel matters and projects outside of usual area of practice; and the ability to interact, work and communicate effectively with Business Affairs executives and all levels of management.
• Experience drafting television term deal agreements and network and streaming license agreements is strongly preferred.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
ViacomCBS believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, ViacomCBS requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
To apply for this job please visit careers.viacomcbs.com.