Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount’s portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
Lead Music Business Affairs for Paramount Global Cable Brands and CBS.
- Negotiate, draft and conclude renewals and new global agreements with Record Labels and Music Publishers.
- Lead negotiations and conclude license agreements with United States Performance Rights Organizations. Coordinate policy and strategy with Paramount Global executive and with the PROs.
- Collaborate with International GC on strategy for various music licenses and music matters outside the United states.
- Operationalize music license agreements across Viacom globally, advise on coverage, application and interpretation.
- In partnership with the Creative Music Strategy team, establish overall music policy and strategy for the cable brands, streaming services and CBS.
- Provide daily legal/business affairs support to the Creative Music Strategy team as related to Original Music Creation, Music Acquisitions, Music Library matters, Composers, Music Clearances, Commercial Releases, Soundtracks, Consumer Products, Viacom and CBS Music Publishing.
- Lead all aspects of and manage the CBS Music Licensing and CBS Archival/Music Re-clearances teams.
- Litigation liaison for music-related matters. Lead and supervise music-related audits.
Music Business Affairs for Production
- Review and/or negotiate and draft music talent deals, production development deals with music components, PRO and music-rights components in Studio Deals, Soundtrack deals, composer agreements, administration/co-publishing agreements, boilerplate music agreement forms, music distribution agreements and library music acquisitions agreements for the music library.
- Advise Brand executives, client groups, Creative Music Strategy and BALA executives on various music-rights matters, including relating to existing and new deals.
- Partner with labor BALA on Interpretation and application of music issues with guilds.
Leadership and Management
- Candidate must possess proven, progressive leadership and management abilities as an effective department head. This role leads a team of 18 including attorneys, contract managers, clearance executives, licensing executives and assistants.
- Lead all aspects of outside counsel and project-based personnel as necessary.
- JD degree.
- BA at a record label, music publisher or equivalent and experience in a music BA capacity at a studio and or Network or production company (or equivalent) is essential.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
To apply for this job please visit careers.viacomcbs.com.