The Walt Disney Company
At Disney, we‘re storytellers, we make the impossible, possible. We do this through unmatched creativity and use of cutting-edge technology to bring stories to life through our movies, licensed products, interactive games, theme parks and resorts, television networks and streaming services. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The focus of this role is to work with marketing stakeholders to make smart sourcing decisions in selecting agencies, marketing technologies & other service providers, to maximize the value of our $1.9B in marketing investments, and to mitigate risks through smart contract negotiations. This includes running RFP’s, negotiating enterprise & segment level deals, managing supplier relationships, recommending best-in-class suppliers & innovations, facilitating process improvements and bringing stakeholders across the segments together for collaboration and leveraging opportunities. We serve as the connective tissue across the segments, creating broader opportunities than what is possible at the segment level.
Join a dynamic team that is responsible for the strategic sourcing of Marketing, Creative Services & Marketing Technologies for the entire Walt Disney Company, building relationships with key marketing executives, advising them on how to engage the market to identify the best supplier partners, leading the deal negotiations, and helping to optimize the supplier relationships. You will work on a wide variety of initiatives that will keep the role exciting, exposing you to many of the marketing disciplines such as creative, digital, social, market research, PR, events, short form production, technology & innovation, and enabling your growth in strategic thinking, relationship building, creative problem solving, process improvement, innovation sourcing, and other key skills that will develop you as a strong business leader. You will also be tasked with developing subject-matter expertise in a specific marketing discipline, through research, networking, attending conferences, leading key projects, and building relationships with leaders in that discipline.
Our team curates programs and content to bring the Disney Marketing Community together to collaborate, network and share best practices, and we lead cross-enterprise initiatives that require us to coordinate across all divisions, orchestrating complex deals that must account for the needs of our very different businesses. Working with marketing leaders across a dynamic entertainment conglomerate like Disney creates many exciting opportunities, as we help them push the envelope on new and creative ways to build our marketing strategies and campaigns. Every day is different, and there are countless opportunities to contribute value to the business, while growing your own skills & capabilities.
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ Years of strategic sourcing experience of which at least 2 years of marketing sourcing experience
- Builds strong working relationships
- Strategic thinker & creative problem solver
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to analyze a situation, and develop coherent insights and strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- Strong PC skills ( Excel, Access, Power Point and Word)
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Experience working in Creative, PR, Marcoms, Media or other marketing field
- categories and/or other marketing field.
- Marketing background is a plus.
- Marketing Sourcing background is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field.
- Masters Degree/MBA
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.