CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Network
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS’s total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The VP, Brand Creative is the creative steward for CBS brand, voice and experience. They will work across the CBS Marketing team, partnering with content creative leads to articulate the CBS brand in a cohesive and consistent manner. They will elevate the CBS Brand to enhance how audiences, customers and employees think, feel and act towards CBS, working to make CBS meaningful and relevant while also meeting our business objectives.
The VP Brand Creative will lead and manage the creative development of large brand campaigns both on and off platform and work to develop a consistent through line within all CBS marketing initiatives including CBS Entertainment, CBS Studios, CBS News and CBS Sports. Additionally, this person will lead creative development consumer/trade activations & events, tentpole Live moments and PSA campaigns. They will partner with internal stakeholders across business units to effectively manage CBS brand and design assets that elevate the CBS brand identity in a cohesive, consistent and creative manner across our content/shows and customer touchpoints.
This individual must have a proven track record in developing breakthrough brand creative, as well as managing the creative expression and “voice” of our marketing assets and customer experiences through specific strategies and tactics as described by any given brand or marketing plan. They must thrive on creativity and innovation, working to inspire a multifunctional team with a management approach that embraces teamwork, collaboration, mentorship, open communication and diversity.
- Drive and oversee the creative vision for the CBS brand that is articulated and rigorously managed at all customer touchpoints, with the ability to inspire new thinking and energize teams to think beyond their division to combine the full power of the CBS brand.
- Lead and manage a creative team of designers, production artists, animators, creative directors, video producers/editors, related production support and out-of-house agencies as you empower, motivate, inspire and direct a large, high-performing team.
- Partner with design, media and strategy leads across the company to drive and manage consistency and continuity across platforms, programs and customer touchpoints that articulate the CBS brand.
- Evolve the CBS team culture by taking calculated creative risks, nurturing new and disruptive ideas, and producing groundbreaking creative for marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate effectively with other marketing team leaders, as well as other stakeholders outside of marketing to develop better/bigger creative ideas as well creative alignment with Network/Studio/programming/development executives, show runners, talent and other key stakeholders at the Network, Studio and CBSAA.
- Plan and effectively manage the overall associated department budget, as well as individual project budgets.
- Work collaboratively, opportunistically and proactively across our ViacomCBS sister brands, networks and platforms to support our marketing objectives as required by any given initiative, as well as share best practices, data and other learnings.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in entertainment creative marketing.
- Ability to develop forward-thinking ideas for a wide range of entertainment marketing asset types, designed to drive customer acquisition/retention as we deepen audience engagement and enhance the CBS brand position.
- Exceptional understanding of traditional and digital entertainment marketing, including but not limited to on-air, display, print, OOH, paid social, performance and digital media channels.
- Exemplary team player able to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders with a wide range of personality types.
- Professional experience in a leadership position overseeing a dynamic, diverse creative marketing team.
- Proficient in Adobe suite of products and add-ons.
- Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment.
- Ability to influence direction on a wide range of department issues.
- Possess strong decision-making skills and can operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
- Creative thinker with strategic and analytical prowess.
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ.
- Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
- Embraces accountability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing creative and/or marketing budgets.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.