About The Brand
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview And Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Communications for the MTV Entertainment Group (MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, Smithsonian Channel, Pop, CMT, VH1, TV Land, Logo and their respective content studios). The successful incumbent will work across the portfolio to drive consumer awareness for our content, help amplify our social impact campaigns and elevate our brands.
The role reports to the Executive Vice President/Head of Communications.
- Create and execute brand elevating strategic communications plans across consumer, business, trade media in support of key goals
- Serve as a Communications’ lead on content, tentpole events, key brand initiatives
- Handle crisis comms
- Craft key talking points; oversee internal and external messaging around projects
- Promote executives through panels/speaking engagements and industry lists
- Lead ratings efforts on assigned projects
- Minimum of 12-15 years’ experience in communications or journalism
- Strong relationships with key journalists across all media
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strategic thinker who can translate complex concepts into actionable, digestible information and plans
- Exceptional attention to detail; good problem solver
- Self-starter who can balance multiple priorities simultaneously, able to work within tight deadlines, establish clear priorities and maintain professionalism under pressure
- Experience working with management and talent
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.