Warner Bros. Entertainment
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games is the interactive home of some of the most iconic brands in entertainment. From Mortal Kombat and Batman to Harry Potter and LEGO, our storytelling and unique player experiences reach millions of gamers across the world.
WB Games is looking for a highly motivated Intern on the Marketing Analytics and Player Engagement team who will help develop measurement strategy and practices for Influencer analytics (i.e., Twitch stream data). This includes building a segmentation model, developing business intelligence dashboards, and leveraging text analytics to uncover insights from unstructured social media data.
Create Twitch Streamer/Influencer Segmentation Model
- Leverage your skills in Python and/or R to build a segmentation framework and construct the model
- Evaluate a wide range of twitch metrics to include in a segmentation model
- Deliver a final report and segmentation methodology to enable teams to leverage the model for identifying appropriate influencer partners to promote new and existing game titles
Create Twitch KPI Dashboards in Looker (BI Tool)
- Working with Marketing Analytics team to design new KPI dashboard(s) from Twitch Metrics
- Build and implement dashboards for sharing across teams
Analyze social media data to deliver topic and sentiment analysis
- Leverage text analytics methods through the NetBase tool to create topical themes and associated sentiment levels
- Collaborate with Marketing Analytics team to create a suite of topics and themes that can be used across owned and competitive titles to measure and benchmark performance
- Suggest and build topic & sentiment data displays to be included in regular KPI reports
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in providing marketing analytics support and solutions, including statistical analysis and models, B.I. dashboards, and reporting.
- Pursuing a degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, data science, computer science, behavioral science, applied mathematics, operations research) or another related discipline.
- Work with large data sets (structured & unstructured) to apply supervised and unsupervised algorithms to extract meaningful insights.
- Apply advanced statistical models, and machine learning techniques to complex data sources.
- Competent with programming languages such as Python and R
- Work with data visualization tools (eg., Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Present persuasive recommendations to stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations that highlight a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Passion for gaming
- Experience with Text Analytics or Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
- Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th – August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
- Must be able to accommodate full-time schedule (40 hours/week) for full program duration.
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
- This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
- Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.