WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
D.C. Publications, Inc. seeks a VP, Editorial Strategy & Programming for the Executive department.
The VP, Editorial Strategy & Programming will develop strategic recommendations to optimize DC Comics annual editorial slate and promotional programming plans across key retail & digital distribution channels. This role will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to develop editorial priorities for the Editorial staff to enhance character and narrative content to entertain our global DC fanbase.
This role will help strategize, organize, and communicate the overall publishing content strategy across all DC Comics imprints. Success will be measured by increased fan engagement, positive sentiment, growth in DC Universe Infinite subscriptions, and achievement of DC Comics annual Publishing revenue goals.
- Works with Editor-in-Chief to develop content and editorial strategy to expand worldwide consumer reach of DC Publishing content across print and digital platforms.
- Provides editorial and creative input for DC imprints based on consumer insights, sales data, candid community feedback, and market intelligence.
- Develops editorial creative briefs & on-going briefing process to inform Editorial content pitches & priorities.
- IN partnership with Editor-in-chief, leads portfolio strategy development across DC imprints to ensure each imprint has a single-minded, clear, & compelling “Fan First” publishing content vision.
- Position will recommend new product formats and Talent voices to ensure DC Comics remains culturally relevant and exceeds fans’ high standards, while adhering to DC brand vision and strategy.
- On a project-by-project basis, this role will collaborate with cross-functional DC Comics and WarnerMedia stakeholders to develop “Fan First” brand-building and revenue opportunities.
- Works with SVP/General Manager and Publisher/Chief Creative Officer to ensure the DC Publishing strategy effectively supports key Franchise initiatives across the Studio & Networks group.
- 7-10 years work experience required.
- Digital Media & Comic Editorial experience (and passion!) preferred.
- DC fandom required.
- 5+ years of Advertising or Content Marketing experience preferred.
- Experience as Brand Strategist, Content Strategist, Consumer/Account Planner in Advertising industry.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- Journalism or Communications degree preferred.
- Knowledge of comic book industry required.
- MAC/PC proficiency required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Ability to develop a creative brief.
- Ability to inspire through strategy & insights.
- Ability for some light travel required.
- Ability to uncover insights and innovative ideas from consumer research and category trends.
- Strong PowerPoint & Keynote presentation skills required.
- Must have passion for global pop culture – movies, comics, music, gaming, animation, nerd culture.
- Must have an aggressive curiosity – insatiable desire to learn and discover what’s new & next.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in creative writing required.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple project elements simultaneously.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.