LOS ANGELES (October 9, 2019) – The Imagen Foundation recognizes 61 executives and influential individuals in Hollywood at this year’s 11th Annual Powerful & Influential Latinos in Entertainment. The event honors senior level executives of Latino descent who have made a significant impact in their companies and within the entertainment industry.
This year the Imagen Foundation created The Powerful & Influential Latinos Hall of Fame honoring the first 20 inductees. The Hall of Fame honors those who have for five years been in senior level or impactful positions in the entertainment industry. These individuals have paved the way for the next generation of Latino entertainment professionals.
“The Latino community continues to make its mark in television and film. By honoring these executives and influential people, Imagen provides the industry with a roster of talent working in the mainstream. These individuals through their success, will continue to provide opportunities for those who follow. We celebrate their success,” said Helen Hernandez, President and Founder of the Imagen Foundation.
The Imagen Foundation, the nation’s leading organization promoting the advancement and positive portrayal of Latinos, acknowledges executives who are leaders in the English language media. The Powerful & Influential Latinos in the Entertainment is Imagen’s way of applauding individuals who, through their talent, expertise, and diligence of purpose have earned their way to managing significant levels of responsibility.
Sponsors of this year’s reception are among Hollywood’s esteemed companies as Comcast NBCUniversal Telemundo, Nielsen, CBS, Viacom, and Disney Advertising Sales.
The cocktail reception was presented Tuesday, October 8th, at the City Club Los Angeles.
For more information regarding The Imagen Foundation and the Powerful & Influential Latinos please visit www.imagen.org.
# # #
2019 POWERFUL & INFLUENTIAL LATINOS IN ENTERTAINMENT
The following is a complete list of this year’s Honorees:
Hall of Fame Honorees
- Michael Alicea, Executive Vice President, Global Human Resources, Nielsen
- Javier Avitia, Executive Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, CBS Studios International
- Alfredo Ayala, Research & Development Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Arturo Barquet, Sr. Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Productions, Theater and Music, Universal Pictures
- Fabian Castro, Sr. Vice President, Multicultural Marketing, Universal Pictures
- Cesar Conde, Chairman, NBCUniversal International Group and NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
- Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President, General Manager, Sports and Event Programming, Showtime Networks Inc.
- Rita Ferro, President, Advertising Sales, The Walt Disney Company
- Richard Frey, Senior Vice President, Executive Creative Director, CW
- Johanna Fuentes, Executive Vice President, Communications, Showtime Networks Inc.
- Monica Gil, Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
- Phil Gonzales, Senior Vice President, Communications, CBS Entertainment
- Enrique Guillen, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming – NBC Entertainment, NBC Universal
- Valerie Masterson, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, CW
- Edith Mendoza, Senior Vice President, Comedy Development, CBS Entertainment
- Belinda Menendez, President, NBCUniversal International Television Distribution & Universal Networks International, NBCUniversal
- Armando Nuñez, President and Chief Executive Officer, CBS Global Distribution Group
- Kenny Ortega, Producer, Director, Choreographer, The KO Company
- Michelle Sobrino-Stearns, Variety Chief Revenue Officer and Group Publisher & Sr. Vice President, Penske Media Corporation
- Mario Vecchi, Chief Technology Officer, PBS
11th Annual Powerful & Influential Latinos in Television & Film Honorees
- Cris Abrego, Chairman, Endemol Shine Americas and CEO, Endemol Shine North America, Endemol Shine North America
- Sergio Aguero, Executive Producer, Campanario Entertainment
- Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Showrunner, Executive Producer, Warner Bros. TV
- Cheche Alara, Music Composer, Producer, Music Director, Conductor, Audito Media
- Victoria Alonso, Executive Vice President, Production, Marvel Studios
- Francisco Arias, Sr. Vice President, Associate General Counsel, Endeavor Content
- Jose Avina, Sr. Vice President, Legal Affairs, Paramount Pictures
- Christine Benitez, Vice President, Brand Strategy & Multicultural Marketing, Paramount Pictures
- Gloria Calderón Kellett, Co-Showrunner & Executive Producer, One Day at a Time
- Dora Candelaria, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Film, eOne
- Santiago Capdepont, Sr. Vice President, Consumer Products, LATAM & Asia and Head of Operations, NBCUniversal Brand Development
- Elizabeth Casanas, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Showtime Networks Inc.
- Charlotte Castillo, Sr. Vice President, Global Franchise Planning, Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products, Viacom
- Ana Ceppi, Senior Vice President, Hispanic Strategy & Client Experience, NBCUniversal
- Joey Chavez, Executive Vice President, Original Drama, HBO Max
- Dennis Colón, Sr. Vice President, Ad Operations & Strategy, CBS Interactive
- Sandra Condito, Sr. Vice President, International Productions, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Julie Ann Crommett, Vice President, Multicultural Audience Engagement, The Walt Disney Studios
- Jaime Dávila, President & Co-Founder, Campanario Entertainment
- Stacie M. de Armas, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Nielsen
- Rick DeArmas, Sr. Vice President, Business Decision & Strategy, Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Nina Diaz, President, Programming & Development, MTV + VH1
- Lourdes Diaz, President, AGC Television, AGC Studios
- Emilio Escobar, Vice President, Information Security, Hulu
- Ramon Escobar, Vice President, Talent Recruitment and Development, CNN Worldwide
- Ron Estrada, Sr. Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility & Community Empowerment, Univision Communications Inc.
- Tanya Giles, General Manager, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, and TV Land
- Suzanne Gomez, Sr. Vice President, Publicity, CW
- Patricia Gonzalez, Sr. Vice President, In-Theatre Marketing, Paramount Pictures
- Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Producer, Writer & Director
- Christy Haubegger, Executive Vice President and Chief Enterprise Inclusion Officer, WarnerMedia
- Kiska Higgs, Sr. Vice President, Acquisitions & Co-Productions, Focus Features
- Sabrina Ishak, Senior Vice President, Warner Bros. Unscripted and Alternative Television
- Roxanne Lettman Pompa, Vice President, International Formats, CBS Studios International
- Benjamin Lobato, Co-Showrunner & Executive Producer, Queen of the South
- Laurie Lopez Tixier, Senior Vice President, Warner Bros. Unscripted and Alternative Television
- Claudia Lyon, Executive Vice President, Talent and Casting, CBS Entertainment
- Lucinda Martinez, Executive Vice President, Multicultural Marketing, Brand & Inclusion Strategy, WarnerMedia Entertainment
- Rico Martinez, Executive Vice President of Content and Development, Campanario Entertainment
- Barbara Matos, Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, CBS Corporation
- Virginia McPherson, Executive Vice President, Business Affairs, Showtime Networks Inc.
- Salvador Mendoza, Vice President, Corporate Diversity and Inclusion, NBCUniversal
- Flavio Morales, Executive Vice President, Endemol Shine Latino, U.S. Initiatives
- Erik Moreno, Executive Vice President, Corporate Development and M&A, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Lumumba Mosquera, Executive Vice President, Business Affairs, Paramount Players, Paramount Pictures
- Anita Ortiz, Sr. Vice President, Global Inclusion Strategy – West Coast, Viacom
- Gaude Paez, Senior Vice President and Head of Corporate Communications, Hulu
- Areli Quirarte, Vice President, Music, Paramount Pictures
- Alejandro Rincon, Chief Executive Officer, Endemol Shine Boomdog
- Jolene Rodriguez, Development Executive, Screen Gems
- Dailyn Rodriguez, Co-Showrunner & Executive Producer, Queen of the South
- Tanya Saracho, Creator/Showrunner/Executive Producer, Vida
- Ana Siegel, General Counsel, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
- Mireille Soria, President, Animation, Paramount Pictures
- Jose Tolosa, Chief Transformation Officer, Viacom
- Eli Velazquez, Executive Vice President Sports Content, Telemundo Deportes
- Ligiah Villalobos, Producer & Writer
- Alex Almogabar Zahn, Vice President, Acquisitions & Productions, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions
- Leonardo Zimbron, Head of Scripted Programming, Endemol Shine Boomdog
- Latino Public Broadcasting
- National Association of Latino Independent Producers