LOS ANGELES, CA. — The Imagen Foundation, the nation’s leading organization promoting the advancement and positive portrayal of Latinos throughout all aspects of the entertainment industry, today will honor and recognize industry executives who have distinguished themselves and set a standard of excellence in their respective fields of business, as well as helped pave the way for Latinos.
The 8th Annual Powerful & Influential Latinos in Entertainment Reception will be held today, Wednesday, November 16th, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the City Club Los Angeles, located downtown at 555 S. Flower Street. A complete list of this year’s honorees is attached.
“The importance of diversity in the entertainment industry goes beyond what is portrayed on screen; after all, it is in the executive suites where decisions are made and, ultimately, where the power lies,” said Helen Hernandez, President and Founder of the Imagen Foundation. “Through our annual recognition of Powerful & Influential Latinos, The Imagen Foundation not only honors those individuals and their accomplishments but shines a well-deserved light on the companies who have recognized and tapped their talent, and we are proud to celebrate our honorees as well as their companies in providing opportunities at the executive level.”
Among the sponsors of this year’s event are such prestigious entertainment and media entities as CBS, Comcast-NBCUniversal Telemundo, Nielsen, The Hollywood Reporter and Variety.
For more information on this year’s list of Powerful & Influential Latinos, and The Imagen Foundation, please visit www.imagen.org/mpil or call (626) 376-9751.
About The Imagen Foundation
Established in 1996, The Imagen (Spanish for “image”) Foundation works to elevate the image and status of Latinos in the entertainment industry and serves as a liaison between the industry and the Latino community. The organization’s 30th Annual Imagen Awards held recently at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles aired on PBS SoCaL. The Powerful & Influential Latinos in Entertainment reception is part of the organization’s Hispanic Heritage Month celebration efforts. For more information visit www.imagen.org or follow the Imagen Foundation online on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #
The following is a complete list of Honorees in alphabetical order:
2016 Powerful & Influential Latinos in Entertainment
- Cris Abrego, Co-Chairman, Endemol Shine Americas and Co-CEO, Endemol Shine North America, Endemol Shine
- Michael Alicea, Executive Vice President, Global Human Resources, Nielsen
- Francisco Arias, Sr. Vice President, Business Affairs, CBS Television Studios
- David Arroyo, Sr. Vice President, Legal Affairs & Internal Audit, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Javier Avitia, Executive Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, CBS Studios International
- Alfredo Ayala, Principal Technical Staff, Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development
- Arturo Barquet, Senior Vice President and CFO of Film Production, Live Theater, and Music, Universal Pictures
- Santiago Capdepont, Sr. Vice President, Kids Strategy & Operations, Brand Development Group, Universal Pictures
- Carlos Carreras, Sr. Vice President, Agency for the Performing Arts
- Elizabeth Casanas, Sr. Vice President, Human Resources, Showtime Networks, Inc.
- Fabian Castro, Sr. Vice President, Multicultural Marketing, Universal Pictures
- Cesar Conde, Chairman, NBCUniversal International Group & NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
- Alfonso Cuarón, Producer, Director, Writer,
- Christina Davis, Executive Vice President, Drama Development, CBS Entertainment
- Guillermo Del Toro, Producer, Director, Screenwriter,
- Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President, General Manager, Sports and Event Programming, Showtime Networks, Inc.
- America Ferrera, Producer, Actress, Take Fountain
- Rita Ferro, Executive Vice President – Disney Media Sales and Marketing, Disney Channels Worldwide, The Walt Disney Company
- Richard Frey, Sr. Vice President, Executive Creative Director, CW
- Johanna Fuentes, Sr. Vice President, Corporate Public Relations, Showtime Networks, Inc.
- Mónica Gil, Sr. Vice President & General Manager, Multicultural Growth and Strategy, Nielsen
- Phil Gonzales, Sr. Vice President, Communications, CBS Entertainment
- Patricia Gonzalez, Sr. Vice President, In-Theatre Marketing, Paramount Pictures
- Enrique Guillen, Sr. Vice President, Alternative Programming, NBCUniversal
- Christy Haubegger, Talent Agent, Creative Artists Agency
- Jacqueline Hernández, Chief Marketing Officer, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
- Jennifer Lopez, Producer, Actress, Singer
- Dan Martinez, Executive Vice President, Finance, Paramount Pictures
- Valerie Masterson, Sr. Vice President, Human Resources, CW
- Barbara Matos, Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, CBS Corporation
- Angelica McDaniel, Executive Vice President, Daytime Programs & Syndicated Program Development, CBS Entertainment and CBS Television Distribution
- Edy Mendoza, Sr. Vice President, Comedy Series Development, CBS Entertainment
- Salvador Mendoza, Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, NBCUniversal
- Paul Montoya, President, Media Sales, CBS Television Distribution
- Flavio Morales, Executive Vice President, Endemol Shine Latino, U.S. Initiatives, Endemol Shine
- Rick Najera, Director, Diversity Showcase, CBS
- Armando Nuñez, President & Chief Executive Officer, CBS Studios International
- Roberto Orci, Producer, Screenwriter,
- Jennifer Ortega, Sr. Vice-President, Business & Legal Affairs, Telepictures Productions/Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Kenny Ortega, Producer, Director, Choreographer, The KO Company
- Anita Ortiz, Vice President, Global Inclusion Strategy – West Coast, Viacom
- Norma Provencio Pichardo, Executive Director, Television Academy Foundation
- Robert Rodriguez, Founder and Chairman, El Rey Network
- Rey M. Rodriguez, Assistant Chief Counsel, Walt Disney Pictures
- Eric Rovner, Talent Agent, WME Entertainment
- Marlene Sanchez Dooner, Executive Vice President, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
- Juan Sepúlveda, Sr. Vice President, System Leadership, PBS
- Michelle Sobrino-Stearns, Group Publisher and Chief Revenue Officer, Variety and IndieWire
- Mario Vecchi, Chief Technology Officer, PBS
- Warren Zavala, Partner, Talent Agent, WME Entertainment