Summary Of Position
The Coordinator of Events and Awards & Talent Relations is responsible for assisting the company in all of its events and awards & talent relations efforts. The Coordinator will be required to understand priorities and effectively coordinate work activities with teammates throughout the Publicity & Events team and cross-functionally throughout the company. Core duties include managing administrative systems and procedures, such as maintaining department documents, processing invoices, ensuring trackers and calendars are updated in a timely manner, and providing a range of support functions for department staff.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinates the development and distribution of materials designed for use within the department as well as cross-functionally
- Assists in curating invite lists, following up and tracking responses, and sending confirmation details
- Researches and procures talent gifts and premiums for events
- Submit department requests and update job entry details in project management systems
- Creates and maintains timely updates to department calendars, submission grids and other various trackers and files
- Provides on-site support for all events and screenings as needed
- Organizes and tracks hotel room blocks
- Assists in tracking competitive industry events
- Codes invoices and tracks expenditures for budget management including budget accruals
- Gathers and enters submission information and materials for festivals and awards from internal and external teams
- Maintains the department’s mailing list, including contacts for talent, agency representatives and vendors
- Develops processes that simplify, automate, and add reliability to all departmental procedures
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies supervisor when requested; may include individual team members
- Manages expense reports for supervisors as needed
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently
- Composes and prepares correspondence, reports, mailers and other documents and materials
- Responsible for ordering and keeping current inventory of all office supplies
- Support in other department administrative functions as needed
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, event management or similar field
- 1-2 years of experience in event production, talent relations and/or awards at a media company or similar (entertainment industry experience preferred)
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail
- The ability to manage work across two or more different supervisors
- Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of the digital media space (including social media)
- A passion for entertainment and popular culture
About The Company
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a “best of global SVOD” content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.