Are you interested in shaping the future of streaming and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what customers are watching? Come build the future of entertainment with us. We are building Amazon’s free streaming AVOD network alongside Prime Video (currently entitled IMDbTV), and we need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights. We are a modern day version of a network, offering popular, widely appealing content audiences enjoy from broadcast, deeply satisfying storytelling they crave from cable, and the on-demand personalized experience they are expecting from streaming. Our team is buying and making content for IMDbTV, but our team sits within the structure of Amazon Studios.
Amazon Studios and the IMDb TV team is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Creative Assistant to support the Originals team as they develop series and oversee productions. You will help the team build on its early success, helping define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching. We are looking for a creative, strategic and administratively adept person with a passion for TV and movies who thrives in a highly collaborative environment, but is also comfortable working autonomously.
In this role you will effectively multi-task, juggling multiple executive and creative administration projects. You will have the ability to independently complete content and programming projects, reacting with appropriate urgency and expertise to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround. You will use your excellent communication and written skills to respond to situations and requests.
- Scheduling pitches, general meetings and notes calls
- Assisting in managing the project submission process and upkeep of submission logs
- Support the Originals team, including scripted and unscripted creative executives, with all department-related and series-related projects, internal and external requests and special team initiatives
- Work with the Originals team coordinator to develop tracking mechanisms and tools, as needed
- Coordinate and interface with other departments including but not limited to: marketing, business affairs, legal, PR, creative, production, and post-production teams.
- Interface with all levels of Amazon Studios, IMDb TV and Amazon employees as well assist in communication with external stakeholders and the creative community on a daily basis.
- Shadow creative projects as requested/interested and participate in weekend read.
- Contribute as a member of the Content and Programming team to ensure group success, including working closely with other Creative Assistants and Creative Coordinators on the team and across the company.
- Experience with executive level calendar management
- Experience with domestic and/or international travel coordination
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Experience with basic artwork manipulation using Adobe Photoshop (i.e. converting file types, simplifying layers, resizing or isolating elements, etc.)
- Experience utilizing social media and entertainment media sources
- Creative thinker with a passion for film, television, art and music
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proactive and able to demonstrate logical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Creative problem-solver.
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the US, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.