Warner Bros. Entertainment
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We’re always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
PLEASE NOTE: Only high school seniors are eligible to apply. No other applications will be reviewed.
Since 2005, Warner Bros. has awarded Reach Honorships, internship-scholarship packages, to graduating high school seniors passionate about the business of entertainment. Warner Bros. has a long history of supporting youth enrichment, ranging from educational programs to mentoring relationships to career opportunities. Through the Warner Bros. Reach program, up to four outstanding Burbank and L.A. County students are awarded Honorships each year that include a scholarship and four full-time paid internships at the company during four consecutive summers while enrolled in college. Successful Reach program graduates will be eligible for full-time positions at Warner Bros.
Warner Bros. Honorshipswill be awarded annually to graduating seniors from Burbank and L.A. County high schools. Each cash scholarship will be for $5,000, disbursed annually in equal amounts of $1,250 over four years. Applicants must have (1) a passion for a career in the business of entertainment; (2) effective verbal and written communication skills; and (3) a minimum GPA of 3.0 upon graduation. The funds may only be used toward the tuition and related expenses of an accredited four-year college or university. Disbursement of funds will be made directly to the school once the Honorship winner is enrolled and annually thereafter for three years, provided a GPA of 3.0 is maintained. Careers in the business realm of the entertainment industry range from traditional business functions, such as finance, human resources, operations, marketing, and communications, to more technical or creative roles such as post-production and sound editing.
In addition, the winner will have the opportunity to receive four (4) consecutive, paid summer internships with WarnerMedia while in college, beginning with the summer immediately following high school graduation . The Honorship recipient will be contacted by WarnerMedia each spring to discuss potential placements for the upcoming summer.
Please note relatives of WarnerMedia employees are NOT eligible to participate in the Reach program.
Applications must be completed online by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 22, 2021 . Short-listed applicants will be asked to complete an interview prior to the final decision. The winners will be notified by April. For more information, please e-mail Reach@WarnerBros.com.
- Personal statement
- 1 completed online recommendation form
Please Submit a Resume That Includes The Following
- Work experience you’ve had, if any (Include the name of the company, the dates of employment and a brief description of duties)
- High School Information
- Name and address of current educational institution
- Name of guidance counselor or administrative contact, phone number, and email address
- Date of graduation
- Cumulative GPA (9-12) Weighted/Non-Weighted
- Art and academic awards or honors
- School activities, volunteer activities or clubs
- SAT score (Critical Reading/Math/Writing) or ACT score (English/Math/Reading/Science/Writing-optional)
- University/College Information ( Please list all colleges and universities to which you have applied. For each school listed, please include whether or not you have been accepted, denied, or if you are still waiting for a response.
- Community volunteer efforts
- Supporting Media or Materials (Optional)
- You may also include a link to any supporting media or materials related to your interest in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry.
Your cover letter will consist of two personal statements, each page typed and 500 words or less.
Page 1: Describe yourself, your career goals in the entertainment industry, what you hope to gain from your internship experience at the Studio, and why you should be selected to receive the Honorship.
Page 2: Choose from one of the following questions:
- If you were meeting with the WarnerMedia Studio and Networks CEO, what would you tell her are the most important things to consider when making content for teens?
- Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
(Please note: If your statements are not specific to the Reach program your application will not be considered.)
Ask (1) reference to email Reach@warnerbros.com with the subject line “Reach Recommendation – Your Name”. They will be sent an online recommendation form to complete by Monday, February 22.
To begin the application process, click the “APPLY NOW” link on this page, submit your resume, and complete your application profile.
- You are a current high school senior, graduating by June 2021, interested in pursuing a career in the business of entertainment.
- For more details on the program and application materials, please refer to the above or visit www.warnerbroscareers.com/reach-honorship-program/ .
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.