NBCUniversal Media, LLC
The Vice President Business Affairs attorney for TV Animation will be responsible for negotiating above-the-line agreements for kids and adult animated TV series and other content produced by DWA and its affiliated entities, including agreements for creators, writers, executive producers, voice actors and consultants. The attorney will be expected to be able to present, develop, and guide deal negotiations through to closure.
- Negotiate above-the-line agreements for TV series, TV movies and other TV productions developed and/or produced by DreamWorks Animation Television and its affiliated entities.
- Review contracts drafted by production attorneys to ensure compliance with deal terms.
- Draft and distribute memos summarizing deal parameters.
- Maintain relationships with internal clients, attorneys, agents and other representatives in the entertainment community.
- Advise and interface with all key company departments, including production, development, accounting, finance, labor and employment, marketing, consumer products, insurance, tax, distribution, trademark, and clearance teams on matters related to animated TV productions.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a motion picture studio, production company, network, law firm, or related entity.
- Member of California Bar.
- JD from accredited law school.
- Proven experience in drafting and negotiating television and/or other entertainment contracts is required.
- Ability to successfully influence and communicate at all levels and across business units, in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under deadline.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and track a high-volume workload.
- A self-motivated, proactive attorney capable of working both autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced entertainment environment.
DreamWorks Animation Business Groups
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.