Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount’s portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Vice President to join our Music Business and Legal Affairs team! This position will be reporting to the SVP of Music Business and Legal Affairs (BALA). The ideal candidate will be supporting the SVP in maintaining and creating policy for music across the organization globally. The candidate will also support content creators at the cable brands, streaming services and CBS, globally.
- Negotiate, draft and conclude renewals and new agreements and licensing templates and policy with Record Labels and Music Publishers as directed by SVP
- Support SVP with negotiation and drafting of enterprise license agreements with United States performance rights organizations.
- Collaborate with VIMN GC and other BALA members on strategy for PRO and other music performance licenses outside the United States.
- Provide Business and Legal support to Creative Music Strategy department, covering areas such as original music creation, music acquisitions, Production Music, Commercial Releases/Soundtracks, music deals for Consumer Products and external licensing opportunities.
- Support SVP on the CBS and Cable Brands Music Publishing Administration deals globally.
- Support SVP on music related claims and litigation, lead and supervise music-related audits.
Music Business Affairs for Production
- Advise Brand executives, client groups, content creators, Creative Music Strategy and BALA executives on various music-rights matters, including relating to existing and new deals, such as business risk analysis related to music for all Departments at CBS, Cable and Streaming.
- Review and/or negotiate and draft music talent deals, production development deals with music components, PRO and music-rights components in Studio Deals, Soundtrack deals, composer agreements, administration/co-publishing agreements, boilerplate music agreement forms, music distribution agreements and library music acquisitions agreements for Paramount Music Library.
- Prepare and send option exercise notices and negotiate extensions.
- Provide music related analysis and advice related to the Paramount Global Content Vault and other legacy Paramount Global Assets.
- Partner with Labor Counsel on Interpretation and application of music issues with guilds.
Leadership and Management
- Possess leadership and management abilities.
- JD, and member of the New York or California bar
- At least 8 years of equivalent experience
- Record label, music publishing or equivalent Music Business Affairs expertise essential.
- Studio and or Network Music BA, Network BA, and production experience a major plus.
Hiring Salary Range: $200,000.00 – 225,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
To apply for this job please visit careers.paramount.com.