Warner Bros. Entertainment
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We’re always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.’ slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
The VP Retail Partnerships will serve as the Sales / Account Management leader for monetization, promotion and consumer acquisition for HBO Max (and balance of WM portfolio: Cinemax, tbs, TNT, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim) within the U.S. Retail marketplace, both for physical and e-commerce storefronts. As the Retail Partnership Leader, this position will be charged with delivering revenue targets, prioritizing and setting direction for the team, establishing and maintaining senior-level relationships with Retailers, collaborating with adjacent internal functions, and executing WarnerMedia’s strategic priorities.
- Develop and drive retail monetization strategy: Identify and prioritize retailers and revenue streams
- Work in coordination with Business Development to onboard retailers
- Develop and assign revenue targets to individual retailers with corresponding measurement metrics
- Launch, manage and grow retail Gift Card business
- Develop and manage Retailer relationships at senior level, serving as the WM portfolio leader to the client.
- Initiate and lead business review presentations externally with clients and internally with Sr. leadership
- Ensure team performance achieves specific objectives through annual planning and forecasting to ensure goals and stretch targets are met
- Assess prospective business opportunities in partnership with Business Development based upon revenue potential, strategic importance, and technical capital required.
- Pursue promotional partnership opportunities, ideally CE & CPG companies working within current Retailers, which further amplify progress towards revenue goals
- Leverage Retailer marketing assets to promote WM portfolio with intense focus on HBO Max
- Work cohesively with other divisions currently operating with Retail to optimize opportunity: Consumer products, Home Entertainment, Games, Publishing, AT&T, Xandr
- Recruit, train and develop Retail Partnership team
- Develop expertise in OTT SVOD competitive behavior and tactics at Retail, sharing broadly internally
- Share key learnings and best practices with International territories as HBO Max scales worldwide
- Proven track record (10 yrs+) of leading national retail accounts and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to manage core businesses with heavy promotional cadence
- Experienced at operating as Sr. Sales Executive within large Media or CPG companies
- Ability to negotiate complex business terms
- Proven capability to lead and develop Sales teams
- Proven ability to utilize data to plan, measure, track the business as well as to form fact-based selling approach
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to manage large set of customers
- Experienced working within matrixed environments whereby success is achieved by utilizing resources outside one’s own direct control
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate and develop new business models
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.