Entries may qualify in the following categories:
- Best Picture: Feature length film produced in the United States released theatrically or exhibited at a U.S. film festival
- Best Director: For outstanding direction of a film with a focus on Latino themes or characters and/or a director of Latino descent
- Best Actor: Actor of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a main or supporting role in a feature film
- Best Actress: Actress of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a main or supporting role in a feature film
- Best Documentary*: Long format non-fiction program/series produced for film, television, and/or streaming service focused on the Latino community or a Latino theme
- Best Informational Program: News stories or news specials focused on the Latino community or a Latino theme and have aired locally or nationally
- Best Primetime Program: Must have originally aired or transmitted on a major network, cable network, or streaming provider.
- Drama: Programs can be either half-hour or full-hour format
- Comedy: Programs can be either half-hour or full-hour format
- Specials & Movies: Programs can be either one-time specials, movies made for television or streaming providers, or a limited series
- Best Director: For outstanding direction of a comedy, drama, variety, limited series, or movie for television or a streaming service. Director must be of Latino descent
- Best Actor: Actor of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a main role with a significant storyline
- Best Actress: Actress of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a main role with a significant storyline
- Best Supporting Actor: Actor of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a supporting role
- Best Supporting Actress: Actress of Latino descent and/or portraying a Latino character in a supporting role
- Best Young Actor: Female or male actor under the age of 18 in a main or supporting role
- Best Children’s Programming: Programming with Latino characters or themes aimed at children under the age of 18. Must have originally aired or transmitted on a network, cable, online or streaming service
- Best Variety or Reality Show: Must have originally aired or transmitted on a network, cable, online or streaming service
- Best Commercial Advertisement or Social Awareness Campaign: Public service announcements, promotional campaigns, and commercials geared toward a Latino audience originally aired or transmitted on a network, cable, online or streaming service
- Best Music Composition for Film or Television: For outstanding original music composition by music composer of Latin descent, and/or for a Latin-themed project.
- Best Music Supervision for Film or Television: For outstanding original music supervision for a Latin-themed project, and/or by a music supervisor of Latin descent.
* Independent documentary producers are eligible for the $150 fee only in the documentary category. Independent feature film productions do not qualify for this fee.
The following guidelines apply to both the PDF and Online Entry Form:
- Entry Form: Fill out one (1) entry form per category submission. For example, if you are submitting one production in multiple categories, i.e. Best Picture, Best Actor, each category needs to have its own entry form. Select only one category per form.
- Primary Contact: The Primary Contact will be the main point of contact for all matters related to the submission. In the event of a nomination, it is the responsibility of the Primary Contact to notify all parties who are part of a production or represent talent regarding the nomination.
- For Television Series/Programs & Television Acting Categories: Select ONE episode that aired during the qualification period that best represents the series and/or talent that you are submitting for consideration.
- For Actor Submissions:
- Headshot & Resume: You MUST include a headshot and resume (IMDB printout is acceptable) and the name of the character on the Entry Form.
- For an actor in a television program/series, please select one episode that best showcases the actor’s character and talent. A DVD/Blu-ray or online screener to the full episode must be included with the submission.
- Description: The Synopsis must include a short description on the actor’s character and role.
- For Music Submissions: Include the final cue sheet for the project and a brief description of the candidate’s involvement in the project, along with a screener of the project
- Synopsis: A brief written summary describing the entry must be attached to the Entry Form to be considered. If submitting in an acting category, please include the name of the person, the character’s name and whether it’s a leading or supporting role.
- Network/Production/Distribution Company: The companies named under Network/Production/Distribution Company in the Production Information section, will be listed next to the name of the nominated program. Make sure to write in the companies exactly as they should appear, in the event the production is nominated.
- For DVD/Blu-Ray Screeners: A screener is required for all entries. If providing a DVD or Blu-Ray disc, please check that your disc is playable on a standard player. Retail versions of the DVD/Blu-Ray are acceptable. In the event we have difficulties with your disc, we will make our best efforts to inform the Primary Contact listed on the entry form.
- For Online Screeners: A screener is required for all entries. If providing an online screener, the link must be accessible through September 15, 2020. The link and any viewing instructions should be included with the Entry Synopsis. In the event we have difficulties with your link, we will make our best efforts to inform the Primary Contact listed on the entry form as soon as possible.
- Signed Waiver & Release: The Waiver and Release is located on the bottom of the Entry Form. Each Entry Form must be signed in order to be considered for the Imagen Awards. If you have questions regarding the Waiver & Release, please email Yanira Leon at email@example.com
- Payment: Each entry must include the appropriate payment for the category. Payment can be made via check (made out to “Imagen Foundation”), by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express accepted) using the attached Credit Card Authorization Form, or online at www.imagen.org/awards. If your company requires an invoice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries submitted with a personal check must be received two weeks before the submission deadline. All fees must be paid by the Call for Entries deadline or your entry will be disqualified.
All requirements must be fulfilled to be considered for the Imagen Awards.
ONLINE: The Online Entry Form & Guidelines are available here. Carefully read the Online Entry Form Guidelines to ensure that your entry is properly submitted and processed.
EMAILED ENTRIES: You may email the PDF Entry Form on page 10 of this packet and email the completed form, along with the Credit Card Authorization or invoice request to email@example.com. All required materials must accompany your PDF Entry Form for your submission to be processed.
MAILED-IN ENTRIES: You may print and complete the PDF Entry Form on page 10 of this packet. Mail or send via messenger your completed form and all required materials to:
Imagen Awards Consideration Committee
18034 Ventura Blvd., #261
Encino, CA 91316
Physical screeners (i.e. DVDs) must be mailed to the address above along with a copy of the completed Entry Form.
If you have any questions regarding the Imagen Awards that are not answered in this document, please contact the Imagen Foundation by phone at (626) 376-9751 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.